Ok now I'm confused..

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by JonathanMcCalip, Nov 4, 2004.

1. JonathanMcCalip

JonathanMcCalip Auditioning

I was originally going to go for the Fluance sx-htb's but I just read some nasty stuff about the rears and center not being any good, and that it would be better to just upgrade them later. So I was thinking why not get some nice towers to start with then go from there was I have the money? But then I still don't know what to get around my budget($700.00 for everything, would like it to sound better then Fluance if I'm going to do that). Thanks for the help!

2. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    While some of these HT speaker packages can be an outstanding value (I know. I bought the Onkyo SKS-500 5.1 for $129 a year and a half ago) the fact that you are here means you will eventually want something better (as I did). Might just as well skip the "value" part and head straight for the "better" part. You will get there cheaper and quicker than I did. As for what to get, keep your eyes and ears open. I wound up with some Polk RTi6's/RTi4's and a CSi5 center for $625 from CC ( CSi5 was an open box unit). Retail was over a grand. They also thru in a Polk 202 sub for free (3 weeks after the promotion ended) which I quickly thru "out". Now looking for a better one. Deals are out there if you keep looking. But try and be patient.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
  4. JonathanMcCalip

JonathanMcCalip Auditioning

Thanks

John:

Your link doesn't work.[​IMG]

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    AC4L does that all the time, not sure if it is intentional or not, but the link gets broken after a while.

www.ac4l.com

From the main page speakers -> speaker packages, you will see the set.

I've used AC4L many times, and they have been excellent.