What's new

OK...I've had it with IE6.... (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Does anyone know how to uninstall this "hack" so I can reinstall IE5 or 5.5? Keep messing up .."send report crap"...losing some email and stuff along the way.

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
In my experience, IE5,6 are the hardest piece of sh*ts to succussfuly uninstall. I had to go into the registry and delete all IT lines etc. Its a pain in the ass.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I've always found that reverting to the previous install has worked for me. I tried IE6, and uninstalled it a few days later.

I still find 5.01 to be the best version of IE that has been released.

Charlie_M

Grip
I'd like to second the recommendation for Mozilla. I've found the newest version to be a much better browser than IE6, mainly because of the tabbed interface and the ability to search and enter URLs in the same text field, which takes the place of the Google toolbar that you have to download separately to use with IE.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Another reason to leave IE and install a better browser: you might need IE to use some sites. Some sites seem to be configured for either IE or Netscape. For example, I can't do online banking without using IE or Netscape. For everyday browsing, I use Opera, switching to IE whenever needed. Good luck.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
IE6 is so hard to uninstall (short of reinstalling your OS with the earlier IE version) that I too would recommend using either Opera or Mozilla. Heck, even the new Netscape 6.2.1 is pretty good (since it's based on 0.9.4 of Mozilla).

What OS are you running? I've had IE6 on my machine for a long time now and have had only 2-3 crashes, which is par for the course for any browser I've had on this machine (W2K pro). At home it's been running like a champ on my XP Pro machine, as have the other browsers.

Ken Bartke

Auditioning
I think you can go into start>control panel>add-remove programs>IE6.
Once you do this you will be given a prompt to revert back to your previous version or fix IE6.
Ken:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks