OK, I've decided on a sub enclosure...I think

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Alexander, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

The Adire alignment design from the PDF download on the Adire website. The sub will be used for 75% movies and 25% music. My goal is deep bass at decent volume levels. I want to impress more w/ movies than I do for music. The Adire alignment design is a net 214L cabinet tuned to 15.4Hz and stuffed w/ 64oz. of polyfill. The external dimensions37.5" tall, 22" wide and 22" deep. Can I achieve my goals stated above w/ this design, or would you recommend some modifications? Maybe the EBS design? Maybe a Sonosub design (may pose WAF problems)? I have a friend who's a self-employed carpenter that has volunteered to build a cabinet for me. I also downloaded LSPcad software and have no idea whatsoever how to use it-if I even need it. I would appreciate any suggestions on design improvement if you have any, and I thank everyone for your help.
    ------------------
    "What does God want with a Starship?" - Captain Kirk from Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

2. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

IMO, that will be PLENTY of sub for 95% of most people. If you want to squeeze the last ounce of deep bass out of a Tempest then build the EBS.
    Pete
    ------------------