What's new

OK I'm Ready For of "The High and Mighty Barkley's" (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I tore thru my "Big Valley" Set Pretty Quickly, what an excellent 1st Season, as good as I remember. Now I Need Season 2 ! C'mon Fox announce it Soon !

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I have about four or five episodes left to watch on this set. I hadn't seen the series in many years and wasn't planning to buy it, but the low price at Wal-Mart ($20) convinced me otherwise and I'm glad that I did. While there's an occasional clunker episode, the vast majority are very well written and acted with an impressive list of guest stars (a recently viewed episode featured Bruce Dern with Harry Dean Stanton and L.Q. Jones in supporting roles). While Fox has done a mostly great job with this release, I do wish they had included interviews and/or episode commentaries with the surviving cast members (Peter Breck, Linda Evans and Lee Majors) and/or some of the guest stars. Some of the other Western series DVD releases have done this (Gunsmoke, Cheyenne, The Wild, Wild West) and it would have enhanced the viewing experience. But, regardless of the extras, count me in for season 2.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Some extras would have been nice but I get the feeling Fox was testing the waters with this release, still I doubt we'll get any extras, but give me the sets with decent transfers and a good price and I'm there.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'm early in the viewing on this set but I've always had B.V. in my top 2-3 westerns. Does anyone know how S1 is selling?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

One of the very few sales barometers available publicly is the Amazon rankings. Now you certainly can't draw definitive conclusions from it, but two months after its initial release, "The Big Valley" ranks 169th overall among DVDs sold by Amazon. Considering all the various types of DVDs that Amazon sells, I'd say for a TV show from the mid-1960s, it has legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks