What's new

Ok, I'm gonna buy. Please help me choose between 3 different Toshibas. Thanks! (1 Viewer)

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I decided on Toshiba over Mitsubishi because of the stretch mode since I do watch a lot of cable. Don't get me wrong, watching dvd's is my true love I just don't do it ALL the time. I will be sitting between 12 to 14 feet from the screen and will be able to keep the room completely dark if need be.

I've narrowed it down to these three:

1. 57H82 - Sears for 2499

2. 57H81 - Best Buy for 2299

3. 65H82 - Best Buy for 2848

I'm wondering if there is a big enough difference between the H81 and H82 to justify the price difference, and since I watch a lot of cable I wonder if the 65 would be a little bit too big and bring out the crappiness of the signal. Maybe 14 feet away would negate this and I should go for the 65?

Thanks for any help!

Jim Can

Stunt Coordinator
If you have decided on Toshiba check out this one. The Cinema Series is supposed to be better. I think it can be bought for around $2700
Link Removed

Jason Kass

Agent
Hi,
I too have finally decided to buy...after months of exhaustive research and waiting for the new stuff to hit the market. I found for my dollar the Toshiba could not be beat.
I just ordered(preordered) the 65HDX82 for $2900 delivered to my door from 6ave. Talk to David at ext 515.(secret is tell him that Crazy Eddie's said $2997 delivered and they will beat it) The HDX has the better guns and the better antireflective coating and of course the built in evil DVI connection. For that price I could not pass it up. Around here they want $3500+. The problem is aparently all the Canadians are getting the first shipments...(do I hear the song Blame Canada ;) ) So I will probably have to wait a week or so but It will be worth it.
P.S. Get the biggest TV you can afford or fit in a room, they "shrink" with time
Jason

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Thanks a lot for the help guys. Jason, I will try your idea and see if I can get the same price.

I do have a couple questions though. How much do they charge for shipping, and will the manufacturers warranty still cover it since it's an online purchase?

Thanks!

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Definitely go with the biggest you can afford. When I first got my 65 inch beast the wife and I thought it was to big, but after two weeks we didn't think that. And we sit about 10' from the set.

Al_M

Stunt Coordinator
Also check onecall.com or abtelectronics.com.
Both are Toshiba authorized E-tailers which means they will honor the warranty and both have specials on Toshibas right now. Both E-tailers have extended warranties as well.
I just ordered a 42H82 from onecall! Even with shipping, they beat BestBuy, hands down!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
If you can sit 14 feet away I'd say go as big as you can.

If you had to sit 7 or 9 feet away, I'd warn that you will likely see something like hotspotting in the center of the screen from getting too far off-axis of the edges.

Jason Kass

Agent
Sheldon,
The price of $2900 INCLUDED shipping!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
They told me that they were an authorized dealer so the warranty would be fine, they did not even ASK to sell me an extended warranty. Now all I can do is wait....
Jason

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I also bought a 65hdx82 from a 6th Avenue store. After haggling. I was able to get the set for $2600 delivered plus tax. I should have it sometime this week. If 6th Ave won't give the price try www.onecall.com and tell them you can't find it locally.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Thanks Jason and Todd! After you get your sets (if you can find the time:) ) could you post either on this thread or on a new thread how everything went and how your sets are looking?
I would pull the trigger sooner, but I am in the process of tearing down a wall in the basement which is where the big screen will go.
Thanks guys.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Someone made a comment of 14 feet...what do you guys thikn of 12-13 feet? The problem is..I saw a mits 65" at best buy and it was fine at 12 feet..but what if peopel want ot sit closer? You have trouble there don't you? I mean not evryone is going to fit on the back couch (12-13 feet away).....some are gonna be 9-10 feet...

-ELmO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks