1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

OK, I'll ask ... any Sorority Boys reviews yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Illingworth II, Oct 9, 2002.

1. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

Tonight I'm going to pick up Beauty & the Beast, and Friday I get Scooby-Doo, but I'm also eagerly awaiting Sorority Boys on Tuesday. Maybe I'm the only one, but any of y'all who get DVDs a little early, please let us know how it is. And if I'm not the only one waiting, then please pledge your support! Don't make me stand up by myself!

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I actually found the movie quite funny, considering the background of the cast.

3. Gary_O

Gary_O Stunt Coordinator

I saw it in the theater last spring and enjoyed it. I laughed out loud several times. It's not anything outstanding, but it definately has its moments--
    I would say a slight grade above something like "Van Wilder".

Not sure if im going to buy the DVD --- (haven't really heard what extras are included)--- but I'm definately planning on at least renting it so I can watch it again.

4. Joe Reed

Joe Reed Stunt Coordinator

I will be buying this on Tuesday, don't worry David you are not the only one who likes these cheesy comedies.

5. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

I liked it as well, definitely better than Van Wilder.

6. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I had low expectations when I went to see this movie but I wound up really enjoying it. I won't be buying the DVD though - rent it first if you can.

7. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

A short summary of the DVD: respectable, slightly above-average 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer. Decent, "comedy-style" 5.1 soundtrack whose only highlight is terrific song selection throughout the flick. A fairly impressive (if short) multi-angle featurette that allows viewers to watch the shooting of two scenes from four different perspectives. Rounding out the disc are: a short, rather pointless featurette and a couple of trailers for other BV titles.

The movie? Crude, R-rated college comedy that doesn't always have the funniest screenplay, but gets some surprisingly strong laughs thanks to good comedic timing and solid performances from the three leads.

8. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

Thanks for the review, Aaron. I'm disappointed that they didn't go to town on the features, which they usually do for these types of comedies, but oh well. I'd be getting it just for the football game near the end.

9. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

Where else can you hear Good Girls Don't by the Knack in 5.1?