What's new

OK, I'll ask ... any Sorority Boys reviews yet? (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Tonight I'm going to pick up Beauty & the Beast, and Friday I get Scooby-Doo, but I'm also eagerly awaiting Sorority Boys on Tuesday. Maybe I'm the only one, but any of y'all who get DVDs a little early, please let us know how it is. And if I'm not the only one waiting, then please pledge your support! Don't make me stand up by myself!

Gary_O

Stunt Coordinator
I saw it in the theater last spring and enjoyed it. I laughed out loud several times. It's not anything outstanding, but it definately has its moments--
I would say a slight grade above something like "Van Wilder".

Not sure if im going to buy the DVD --- (haven't really heard what extras are included)--- but I'm definately planning on at least renting it so I can watch it again.

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
I will be buying this on Tuesday, don't worry David you are not the only one who likes these cheesy comedies.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I had low expectations when I went to see this movie but I wound up really enjoying it. I won't be buying the DVD though - rent it first if you can.

AaronJB

Second Unit
A short summary of the DVD: respectable, slightly above-average 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer. Decent, "comedy-style" 5.1 soundtrack whose only highlight is terrific song selection throughout the flick. A fairly impressive (if short) multi-angle featurette that allows viewers to watch the shooting of two scenes from four different perspectives. Rounding out the disc are: a short, rather pointless featurette and a couple of trailers for other BV titles.

The movie? Crude, R-rated college comedy that doesn't always have the funniest screenplay, but gets some surprisingly strong laughs thanks to good comedic timing and solid performances from the three leads.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Thanks for the review, Aaron. I'm disappointed that they didn't go to town on the features, which they usually do for these types of comedies, but oh well. I'd be getting it just for the football game near the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks