Ok IGN Insiders, what's all this about X-Box 'Virtua Figther Evolution'...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Brecher, May 18, 2002.

1. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

....well?

Dan

2. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

Sorry I can't seem to find any articles regarding that.

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

I'm not an IGN subscriber, but I read a rumor somewhere that this is the title for the "Virtua Fighter 4.1" that Sega is going to be releasing in arcades later this year. Or maybe that was wishful thinking by fanboys. I dunno [​IMG]

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

At the Sega financial conference on Thursday, they mentioned "Virtua Fighter Evolution" would be released in the arcades as an upgrade of VF4. No mention of it coming to the XBox in that report from what I've read of it. But at the same time, they didn't say it wouldn't come out on XBox [​IMG]

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Indeed! I mean, whilst they said Virtua Figther 4 was PS2 only, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution could be a different kettle of fish. Mmm, very interesting.

Dan

6. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

Yes at IGN there was some info regarding the arcade version you speak of.

7. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

They tried to word the headline as if Virtua Fighter Evolution were coming to the X-Box. Probably to entice people into subscribing to the insider service to get the full story on Virtua Fighter coming to their favorite console (this was run in the X-Box area of the web site). Once you click on the link you merely get a story that the game is in development for an arcade system, with no word at all about an X-Box port.

8. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

In an interview this week, an AM2 spokesman said that there are no plans whatsoever to bring it to Xbox.