Ok IGN Insiders, what's all this about X-Box 'Virtua Figther Evolution'...

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'm not an IGN subscriber, but I read a rumor somewhere that this is the title for the "Virtua Fighter 4.1" that Sega is going to be releasing in arcades later this year. Or maybe that was wishful thinking by fanboys. I dunno

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
At the Sega financial conference on Thursday, they mentioned "Virtua Fighter Evolution" would be released in the arcades as an upgrade of VF4. No mention of it coming to the XBox in that report from what I've read of it. But at the same time, they didn't say it wouldn't come out on XBox

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Indeed! I mean, whilst they said Virtua Figther 4 was PS2 only, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution could be a different kettle of fish. Mmm, very interesting.

Dan

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
They tried to word the headline as if Virtua Fighter Evolution were coming to the X-Box. Probably to entice people into subscribing to the insider service to get the full story on Virtua Fighter coming to their favorite console (this was run in the X-Box area of the web site). Once you click on the link you merely get a story that the game is in development for an arcade system, with no word at all about an X-Box port.

Dan B

Screenwriter
In an interview this week, an AM2 spokesman said that there are no plans whatsoever to bring it to Xbox.
XenGamers: There have been rumors suggesting Virtua Fighter 4 will be released for Xbox, can you discuss that?
Kihara: There were rumors on the net about VF 4.1 for Xbox, weren't there? Famitsu asked us about it too. The truth is, we are not developing any such game. If someone has created a VF4.1 for Xbox, please give it to us! (laughs).
The incredibly vague interview is at Xen Gamers.
-Dan

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dav