What's new

Ok, I need help: MP3 encoder for batch conversion from WAV (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Ugh!
I need to create a Preview cd for the WAV files for the movie I'm working on.
I have 13 CDs of WAV files, need to compress down to one quicky refrence cd for finding clips (a directory of sorts)
I have 2 dozen MP3 encoders- and not a single one will do what I want! Anyone know a program that will:
1) Convert MP3 to WAV in a batch format (many files at a time)
2) Keep directory info consistant?
I have 200 folders, each containing files called "take 01" "take 02", etc.
ALl the encoders I have keep overwriting the files, rather than keeping the directories consistant!
So it needs to basically keep the directory structure of the current setup automatically- just create a new set of directories with the same names converting all the WAV files to MP3. Any software do that?
Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on July 27, 2001 at 04:38 PM]

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I don't really know of any decoders that will do this. Razorlame and most others will generally store all of the decoded files into a fixed destination folder.
The best idea I can suggest for now is for you to do this entirely in DOS (using a DOS-based command line decoder). Just generate a batch file with a BRIEF-style program and it should be a quick job.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Michael,
It's been 11 years since I've written a dos batch file- heck I can't even figure how to get to a dos prompt in Win98! If you have a clue for me on how to write the file to make it access a win98 application and execute the conversion- I'm all ears!
Buzz,
I'm a CDEX fan from waaay back- so it was the first one I tried. Played with the command line setings and couldn't find one that worked. If you mess with it and find seomthing that will do it, let me know.
Again, I have a disc with
Tape 1 (Folder)
* * * Shot 123 (Folder)
* * * * * * Take 01.wav
* * * * * * Take 02.wav
* * * * * * Take 03.wav
* * * Shot 126 (Folder)
* * * * * * Take 01.wav
* * * * * * Take 02.wav
* * * * * * Take 03.wav
and I need to output
Tape 1 (Folder)
* * * Shot 123 (Folder)
* * * * * * Take 01.mp3
* * * * * * Take 02.mp3
* * * * * * Take 03.mp3
* * * Shot 126 (Folder)
* * * * * * Take 01.mp3
* * * * * * Take 02.mp3
* * * * * * Take 03.mp3
Or something like it (maybe file names with shot number if possible- something that will keep them seperate so I can resort them back into folders later...)
-Vince
------------------
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on July 27, 2001 at 06:52 PM]

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
You could always do batch processing within each folder and change the output directory for each batch of mp3 files. I suppose that would be the closest thing to what you want to do. The latest version of CDex makes this pretty easy.
Yeah, I figure this will be what I have to do. Unfortunately this set-up has over 400 folders (over 400 shots in the film!) So I have to load a new folder for every 3-4 files over 400 times.
That's why i was hoping for something that would stick with folders...
-Vince
------------------

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
If you use RazorLame as the front-end, there is an option on the General tab for "Same As Input Directory". If your .wavs are all in different directories, your .mp3 files will end up in the same place as the source file.
On the Advanced tab, you have the option of keeping or deleting the .wav source files after encoding.
So all you need to do is set those options, set your MP3 encoding options, then 'Add' the files you want. You'll need go into each sub directory and add all the .wav files initially, but it will batch-encode them all into MP3s for you.
Is this what you mean?
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed
[Edited last by Rob Gillespie on July 28, 2001 at 03:23 AM]
[Edited last by Rob Gillespie on July 28, 2001 at 03:58 AM]

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Rob,
As always, thank you!
Saved me 6 hours of work.
-Vince
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks