What's new

OK, I jailbroke...what now? (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Steve Tannehill said:
At my first real job in 1986-87, I worked for a company that had 1 gig hard drives, each the size of a washing machine.
Apex instructions...Google is our friend. http://www.eeggs.com/items/33270.html
Almost embarrassing to look back on the equipment I worked with, you'd think I was 90 years old. Your company apparently had a bigger budget than we did. Should have been more clear but we had about 700MB total space. Several 288MB drives and some 75MBs as things grew. Same thing with size, they were easily washing machine size or larger and weighed a ton. I remember the 288MB drives were multiple platters, probably 15-20 each and looked kind of like those domed cooking systems you see in infomercials.. I did disk to disk backups until they actually bought a whopping 1600BPI tape drive (as in 1600 bytes per inch of tape). Thank God for progress.
Fascinating thing I remembered, but we upgraded our mainframe from 12MB to 16MB of RAM. That extra 4MB was a circuit board about 3ft by 3ft square and cost over $7,000. For 4MB of RAM, that is hysterical looking at technology now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks