What's new

Ok, I have a kenwood vr-509 receiver, a sony wega and a sb live SC. Taping tv audio.? (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
With following:

A sony 27" wega with s-video, component etc.

a kenwood vr-509 with component, s-video, dts, optical etc

a sb live platinum with digital input and soundblaster audigy card with digitial input.

How do i record, say a song off of MTV onto my computer? what cables will i need, recording software, and how to go about doing this??

Is the onyl other way, to have a tv tuner card in pc and record that way?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
First, you'll need a software that accepts music in the form of WAV.files or have the capability to convert such files to MP3 and vice versa. I don't know if you can do it through the Digital Domain out from your receiver and into your computer. But on the back there are some audio connection jacks, red & white for line in or a blue mini jack input for stereo line in. That's the way I think you can record from t.v. by connecting from the monitor out of the receiver and in to the computer. Like I said I'm not sure if you can record through the digital domain unless it's digital to digital, but in most computer cases the sound goes through a DAC Digital Analogue Converter like everything else, hence the need for analogue connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks