Ok, I have a kenwood vr-509 receiver, a sony wega and a sb live SC. Taping tv audio.?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd stone, Dec 11, 2001.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

With following:

A sony 27" wega with s-video, component etc.

a kenwood vr-509 with component, s-video, dts, optical etc

a sb live platinum with digital input and soundblaster audigy card with digitial input.

How do i record, say a song off of MTV onto my computer? what cables will i need, recording software, and how to go about doing this??

Is the onyl other way, to have a tv tuner card in pc and record that way?

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

First, you'll need a software that accepts music in the form of WAV.files or have the capability to convert such files to MP3 and vice versa. I don't know if you can do it through the Digital Domain out from your receiver and into your computer. But on the back there are some audio connection jacks, red & white for line in or a blue mini jack input for stereo line in. That's the way I think you can record from t.v. by connecting from the monitor out of the receiver and in to the computer. Like I said I'm not sure if you can record through the digital domain unless it's digital to digital, but in most computer cases the sound goes through a DAC Digital Analogue Converter like everything else, hence the need for analogue connections.

3. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

interesting, thanks!