OK I bought speaker stands for my Paradigm Mini Monitors. Need help..

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by EddyObregon, Feb 5, 2004.

1. EddyObregon

EddyObregon Stunt Coordinator

Ok I bought some sanus metal speaker stands for my mini monitors. Now When I put my mini on the stands what can i do to prevent them from moving on the stands. My stand has 4 holes but did not come with any screws to prevent the seaker from sliding the dealer told me to get double sided velcro at home depot. He said that this would prevent the speaker from moving. Also the top plate is 61/2 by 6 and the mini monitor speaker is 8 witdh by 12 inches long .. since the mini monitor is a big long speaker will i have a problem with these stands. All the stands that i saw had basically the same top plate.

2. EddyObregon

ok guys can I use omnimounts for the paradigm atoms. Does it matter if i use the 20.0 or the 10.0 do they both have the same screw size that connects to the speaker. I bought the 20.0 and I am now worried if the atoms screw on to them correctly. Does anyone know of this.

3. cabreau

cabreau Second Unit

If you go to a car parts store, you can get a roll of rubbery type stuff that is used to put tools on metal surfaces so that they don't slide around. You'll see the tops of most Snap On boxes with this rubbery stuff on them, it's sort of "woven" so that oil and dirt can fall through. Once you have that on there, your speaker WILL NOT move sideways, you have to lift it up to adjust it. That's what I use and it's great stuff. It works on a tv, wood, metal, any type of surface and it holds your speaker right in place.

Here's one for woodworking...but it's the same stuff...

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/findpro...004&gtkw=Tools

As far as the size of yor plate, go pick up some pieces of 1/2" to 3/4" wood at your local lumber yard (where you can probably pick up this non-slip pad too) and just screw a larger piece of wood onto the top of the plate, then place your speaker on that.

4. EddyObregon

ok but with the 6 inch by 6.5 inch hold up my speaker. Is this a normal top plate. If it is enough I will use the rubber pad. if not i can return the stand . do most speaker stands coem with this top plate deimensions

5. cabreau

cabreau Second Unit

My Studio 20s hang off the sides of my speaker stands on all sides. This is normal. Just set it on the stand and try to tip it over, move it until it's in a spot where it's the same difficulty to tip in in all four directions. You'll find that it sits BACK alot, since most of the weight is in the front of the speaker, where the drivers are.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Blu-Tak or something equivalent can be found at your local hardware store for a few bucks. Works great.

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Why not get Paradigm's own brackets which are specifically designed for use with their speaekrs? Your dealer should be able to order them for you.

8. EddyObregon

so do i add rubber tabs or velcro to prevent it from moving though

9. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

You could get the Premier stands that were made for the minis. Your Paradigm dealer should have them.