What's new

Ok, how's this for my first 5.1 setup? (1 Viewer)

Alan_M

Grip
Harman Kardon AVR 125
Pioneer DV-563A
Polk RM6005 Sats
Polk SW202 Sub

This was all purchased brand new for less than $450.
(HK 125 was a gift)
Will be used for music, video, and Xbox.

Any problems I might encounter with this set-up?

:star:

SethOakley

Agent
Alan, I have seen a problem that probably will occur with your system that you have chosen. I don't know if you did all the research or you just through this thing together, but a huge problem is on the verge. Friends and family are going to spend way too much time at your house now!

Seriously though, that looks like I very nice 5.1 system. The only real thing I might see is the upgrade bug that you will feel. However, this isn't something that is just for you, but every single person who has ever setup a home theater for themselves. Thats what is so great about doing separates, you can add over time. For right now, enjoy it cause you hooked yourself up, especially at $450.

Dave Man

Stunt Coordinator
The upgrade bug is definitely something not unique to spending ANY amount of money, because there is always something a bit better or new-and-improved just around the corner. By the way, the upgrade bug also compounds the first problem. Every time you upgrade your system, it sounds better which attracts more people!!!

David

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'll bet that is one great under $500 system!!!

People considering HTIB may want to look at what you have put together.

Come back and post a review of the setup when ya get some experiences with it.

ken-m

Agent
very good setup! i own all polk speakers, including the psw202 and i really enjoy them. i am also thinking of getting an h/k receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks