What's new

ok here is the deal when i watch a movie the dialog sounds like it's behind the tv. w (1 Viewer)

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
ok here is the deal when i watch a movie the dialog sounds like it's behind the tv. when music is on the sound track its sounds great right up front where it should to be! i had a sony strdb-930 and my Boston VR12 sounded great now i have a da4es and its sounds like crap!! HELP. i checked all my conections and they are fine! i set up my room as far as size 11ft fronts 11center and 5ft rears i used a rat shack meter and set up dbl. what do you think is going on.is the rec. defective?

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Thanks for your reply. I double checked my speaker wires and they are correct but I was thinking maybe like you said it's a polarity thing maybe the amp is wired backwards! I will switch the wires when i get home! Thanks again for the reply I will keep you posted!:D

ChristopherD

Stunt Coordinator
My receiver has an adjustable delay for the center. Check it out. A few ms may be all you need.

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think mine does but I will check. If anyone has the sony str-da4es please give me your setting sugestions I have Boston VR12 center.Thanks!!

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
First off let me start by thanking all of you for your help! Now I will tell you what I found out. I purchased this unit as a floor model and my first thought was maybe it's defective. That is not the case. After trying may things (that did not work ) I thought to myself did ever reset the reciever or did i just plug in my settings and let it go. Well you guessed it I just pluged in my settings and never did a factory reset.So last night I went home and reset it, and guess what all is good now. I guess there must have been a setting that I missed. Anyway Thanks again for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks