What's new

OK.......girlfriend thread...... (1 Viewer)

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I'm too beat.....I will have to call around & find somebody
that knows how to set it up, or tell me that something is
actually wrong with it.

You guys are great!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks for trying to help.....:D

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I'm too beat.....I will have to call around & find somebody
that knows how to set it up, or tell me that something is
actually wrong with it.

You guys are great!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks for trying to help.....:D

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Have you tried the manual? I say this because I always skip reading the manual and just want to plug in my gear and enjoy it. No time for reading. Eventually though, you may want to read it, and perhaps a few times, since these complex machines often have some intersting features you would have never known about had you not read the manual...or at least the manual will help straighten out some counterintuitive things...

What you're talking about a few posts up though is DSP processing. When it receives a 5.1 signal, it should automatically switch to DD or DTS. I think you can set it up to do either plain stereo or DPLII or Logic7 or something if you have a 2.0 source. That's all explained in the manual. Once you do it once, that's all you need. Then you sit back and enjoy. And make sure the girlfriend doesn't try some sneak feng shui on your gear while you're out.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Have you tried the manual? I say this because I always skip reading the manual and just want to plug in my gear and enjoy it. No time for reading. Eventually though, you may want to read it, and perhaps a few times, since these complex machines often have some intersting features you would have never known about had you not read the manual...or at least the manual will help straighten out some counterintuitive things...

What you're talking about a few posts up though is DSP processing. When it receives a 5.1 signal, it should automatically switch to DD or DTS. I think you can set it up to do either plain stereo or DPLII or Logic7 or something if you have a 2.0 source. That's all explained in the manual. Once you do it once, that's all you need. Then you sit back and enjoy. And make sure the girlfriend doesn't try some sneak feng shui on your gear while you're out.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I am at work now, but as I was switching through the
"sources" & passed the FM tuner, there was no sound, but
I dont think it was on a station.

I didn't get any sound when I tried the "test tones" either, after the TV was moved, I did before.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I am at work now, but as I was switching through the
"sources" & passed the FM tuner, there was no sound, but
I dont think it was on a station.

I didn't get any sound when I tried the "test tones" either, after the TV was moved, I did before.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
That means your speakers are most likely off. Don't worry about your DVD settings, you'll probably just make another mistake on top of the one that is made now.

Get the tuner working. There has to be a button somewhere on the front of the tuner that your g/f accidentally hit when she was moving it around. That's why your L R is blinking, they're off or muted. There is either a an A/B switch that you need to get working again, a Speaker button that you need to mess with, or a mute button that is impervious to the volume being turned up or down. Look in the manual and search around for this. It is a most annoying thing, I know. And if you get someone out there, it will be even more annoying when the solve the problem in 45 seconds. :)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
That means your speakers are most likely off. Don't worry about your DVD settings, you'll probably just make another mistake on top of the one that is made now.

Get the tuner working. There has to be a button somewhere on the front of the tuner that your g/f accidentally hit when she was moving it around. That's why your L R is blinking, they're off or muted. There is either a an A/B switch that you need to get working again, a Speaker button that you need to mess with, or a mute button that is impervious to the volume being turned up or down. Look in the manual and search around for this. It is a most annoying thing, I know. And if you get someone out there, it will be even more annoying when the solve the problem in 45 seconds. :)

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Cam, don't worry about the L and R flashing. That just means the digital input has been interrupted, like when you stop a dvd. You can get all speakers to light up by switching sources from dvd to 6 channel input. Since there is no A/B or mute button on the front of H/K receivers I don't think they are the problem though they were a good thought. I agree with Adil and those after him. Double check the digital input by hitting the digital select button (the one on the right under the display) and then cycling thru by using the stereo and logic 7 buttons (the ones with the little arrows) until you get to optical 2 which you said worked before. If that's not it then it must be a rear connection or a trip back to the store for a replacement may be in your near future :frowning: . Good luck and don't get to discouraged. They are wonderful receivers when set up right. BTW, I've been using my 520 to try and duplicate your problem with out luck. It's simular to your 7200 but not nearly as impressive. Also, if you switch to FM, even if no station is present you should still be able to hear a little hissing, but you will have to turn the volume up quite a bit. I hate to agree with others on this, but maybe starting from scratch is the best thing to do if nothing else works.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Cam, don't worry about the L and R flashing. That just means the digital input has been interrupted, like when you stop a dvd. You can get all speakers to light up by switching sources from dvd to 6 channel input. Since there is no A/B or mute button on the front of H/K receivers I don't think they are the problem though they were a good thought. I agree with Adil and those after him. Double check the digital input by hitting the digital select button (the one on the right under the display) and then cycling thru by using the stereo and logic 7 buttons (the ones with the little arrows) until you get to optical 2 which you said worked before. If that's not it then it must be a rear connection or a trip back to the store for a replacement may be in your near future :frowning: . Good luck and don't get to discouraged. They are wonderful receivers when set up right. BTW, I've been using my 520 to try and duplicate your problem with out luck. It's simular to your 7200 but not nearly as impressive. Also, if you switch to FM, even if no station is present you should still be able to hear a little hissing, but you will have to turn the volume up quite a bit. I hate to agree with others on this, but maybe starting from scratch is the best thing to do if nothing else works.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I again tried to get it working last night.

I tried switching the optical cable around (end for end).
It evidently cant get a digital signal from my DVD player now, even though plugging the same optical cable into my old receiver works just fine!
I cycled all through everything numerous times, & even tried setting speakers to large.
I can get no sound from FM setting, although I only had volume turned up to about -15.

One thing is curious.....out of the box, the volume settings went from -80 to +10.

Now, the high range has varied from "0" to "+3" to "+10".

I will be calling Onecall.com to get a return number &
have it replaced.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I again tried to get it working last night.

I tried switching the optical cable around (end for end).
It evidently cant get a digital signal from my DVD player now, even though plugging the same optical cable into my old receiver works just fine!
I cycled all through everything numerous times, & even tried setting speakers to large.
I can get no sound from FM setting, although I only had volume turned up to about -15.

One thing is curious.....out of the box, the volume settings went from -80 to +10.

Now, the high range has varied from "0" to "+3" to "+10".

I will be calling Onecall.com to get a return number &
have it replaced.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
UPDATE:

Just got off phone with "Onecall".

Talked with BRYAN.....he was GREAT HELP!!

Says he owns same receiver & knows it is a bear to set up.
I am to call back when I get home after work & ask for
him as he wants to help me get it going.

Really makes it nice when online places have GOOD HELP!!

Thanks Bryan!

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
UPDATE:

Just got off phone with "Onecall".

Talked with BRYAN.....he was GREAT HELP!!

Says he owns same receiver & knows it is a bear to set up.
I am to call back when I get home after work & ask for
him as he wants to help me get it going.

Really makes it nice when online places have GOOD HELP!!

Thanks Bryan!

Adil M

Supporting Actor
If following my post did not get it working chances are there's something wrong w/ it as unlikely as that is.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
If following my post did not get it working chances are there's something wrong w/ it as unlikely as that is.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Yep, called Bryan back when i got home.....there is definetly something wrong & he is sending me a new one.
Will be here by Friday.

Thanks for all the help anyway, guys....:D

And HATS OFF TO BRYAN & ONECALL.COM...!!!

I didnt get home till about 5:15. Bryan gets off at 5:00 but stuck around to try to get the stereo working
and then bent over backwards to get my replacement to me quick as possible.....:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Yep, called Bryan back when i got home.....there is definetly something wrong & he is sending me a new one.
Will be here by Friday.

Thanks for all the help anyway, guys....:D

And HATS OFF TO BRYAN & ONECALL.COM...!!!

I didnt get home till about 5:15. Bryan gets off at 5:00 but stuck around to try to get the stereo working
and then bent over backwards to get my replacement to me quick as possible.....:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks