What's new

OK.......girlfriend thread...... (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure it's not telling you to turn on the speaker outputs??

Speaker a or speaker b?

Brent

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure it's not telling you to turn on the speaker outputs??

Speaker a or speaker b?

Brent

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
If I unplug the optical cable from the 7200 & plug it back into my Onkyo, it works fine.....I cant figure out how to work the dang 7200....it was working fine...DVD out to optical input 2..yada, yada, yada,....but nothing now

sorry it tok so long to get back to you all trying to help me, but I am trying to finish up the
CCM-Luger 1 plus

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
If I unplug the optical cable from the 7200 & plug it back into my Onkyo, it works fine.....I cant figure out how to work the dang 7200....it was working fine...DVD out to optical input 2..yada, yada, yada,....but nothing now

sorry it tok so long to get back to you all trying to help me, but I am trying to finish up the
CCM-Luger 1 plus

Ivan P

Stunt Coordinator
Ok what is AVR-7200 telling you?

Try another optical input and be sure to setup the right optical input for DVD source

Ivan P

Stunt Coordinator
Ok what is AVR-7200 telling you?

Try another optical input and be sure to setup the right optical input for DVD source

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
it says push surround selector button & tuner mode selector button for 3 secs.....

this supposedly will reset it & display "RESET" in the display.

if this does not fix it consult an authorized HK service center.

So...where do I take my brand new HK unit that has
all of 2 hours use on it?

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
it says push surround selector button & tuner mode selector button for 3 secs.....

this supposedly will reset it & display "RESET" in the display.

if this does not fix it consult an authorized HK service center.

So...where do I take my brand new HK unit that has
all of 2 hours use on it?

StephenHa

Second Unit
does it say digital? could be the input got turned off? if it needs service at that age take it where you bought it, and tell them to replace it (that's customer service)

StephenHa

Second Unit
does it say digital? could be the input got turned off? if it needs service at that age take it where you bought it, and tell them to replace it (that's customer service)

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, Cam, but if you look in the appendix to the manual for your 7200 you'll see that the display is telling your to get a new GF (as in, Leave here Right now ;~).

Seriously, the best way to fix this is to go through all the (correct) setup that you did all over again. Yeah, I know it's gonna be a real pain, but since it works with the Onkyo & none of us are there, the fastest way to fix it (and the best way to learn the stuff) is to do it step by step, even if it means doing it all over again.

Yup, this suggestion is kinda painful. And yup, it will work (assuming that something didn't get truly screwed in the act of pushing the big screen back a little). Do all of the connections (including the speakers!) over again - disconnect and reconnect everything. I know this is gross overkill, but it's part of the process to learn this stuff cold and will verify that nothing got disconnected during the "big push" and helpfully reconnected to the wrong place, etc. Then go through your "Getting Started" setup for the receiver again - and really check all the steps. Yup, overkill - but you'll know this unit inside & out when we're done with you.

And check every - and we do mean every - button and switch and option on the front panel, too. Check any A/B speaker setting, etc. When you've cycled through all this you'll know your gear like never before, and you'll probably find the button that accidently got touched or the connection that got ever-so-slightly pulled out and is no longer really connected.

And when you're all done and it works wonderfully again ('cause you found the dinged connection and made it all better) give her a big hug and then send her a bill for your time to fix this!

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, Cam, but if you look in the appendix to the manual for your 7200 you'll see that the display is telling your to get a new GF (as in, Leave here Right now ;~).

Seriously, the best way to fix this is to go through all the (correct) setup that you did all over again. Yeah, I know it's gonna be a real pain, but since it works with the Onkyo & none of us are there, the fastest way to fix it (and the best way to learn the stuff) is to do it step by step, even if it means doing it all over again.

Yup, this suggestion is kinda painful. And yup, it will work (assuming that something didn't get truly screwed in the act of pushing the big screen back a little). Do all of the connections (including the speakers!) over again - disconnect and reconnect everything. I know this is gross overkill, but it's part of the process to learn this stuff cold and will verify that nothing got disconnected during the "big push" and helpfully reconnected to the wrong place, etc. Then go through your "Getting Started" setup for the receiver again - and really check all the steps. Yup, overkill - but you'll know this unit inside & out when we're done with you.

And check every - and we do mean every - button and switch and option on the front panel, too. Check any A/B speaker setting, etc. When you've cycled through all this you'll know your gear like never before, and you'll probably find the button that accidently got touched or the connection that got ever-so-slightly pulled out and is no longer really connected.

And when you're all done and it works wonderfully again ('cause you found the dinged connection and made it all better) give her a big hug and then send her a bill for your time to fix this!

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Dang, took vacation Wed. & Thurs., my normal Fri. off to finish DIY Tempest sub & hookup new 7200 I knew I was getting. Also to install total system in my truck that I had already ordered & had it sitting ready to put in.

Got my 7200 working after lotsa trouble (much thanks to the HTF team)& continured to work on my sub, then had to have unscheduled oral surgery Friday,
which after I came down off all the drugs, found out my 7200 was no longer working....have not been able to finish the Tempest due to one thing after another.
Now I guess I will re-wire my receiver to see if I can get it to work.

Damn....cant wait to get to work tomorrow to catch up on
my sleep......

Sorry to be such a whiner.........:frowning:

tomorrow is another day....hopefully I wont be able to hear the alarm over my 7200....:D

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Dang, took vacation Wed. & Thurs., my normal Fri. off to finish DIY Tempest sub & hookup new 7200 I knew I was getting. Also to install total system in my truck that I had already ordered & had it sitting ready to put in.

Got my 7200 working after lotsa trouble (much thanks to the HTF team)& continured to work on my sub, then had to have unscheduled oral surgery Friday,
which after I came down off all the drugs, found out my 7200 was no longer working....have not been able to finish the Tempest due to one thing after another.
Now I guess I will re-wire my receiver to see if I can get it to work.

Damn....cant wait to get to work tomorrow to catch up on
my sleep......

Sorry to be such a whiner.........:frowning:

tomorrow is another day....hopefully I wont be able to hear the alarm over my 7200....:D

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I've got all the stuff on the screen Dolby....dts.....logic 7....dsp....etc.
dont know what anything should be set on......

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I've got all the stuff on the screen Dolby....dts.....logic 7....dsp....etc.
dont know what anything should be set on......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks