What's new

ok everyone need some advice (1 Viewer)

I have built a home theater room. I am replacing my panny tau but I am wondering what tv to get. I want 16:9 aspect ratio definitely. I have 1500-2500 dollars to spend. I am thinking sony xbr910 either 30 or 34 inch models. My room is 9.5 by 11. I have a denon avr3801 receiver with infinity interlude speakers ( 2 front towers w/subs, a center channel, 2 side IL-10's, and 2 rears). I also foamed behind the speakers and tv with 1 inch studio foam. I have painted the room a dark bluish gray. Any suggestions? Anyone also point me in the direction of adding 6500 k light source in my room. I have 2 flourscent GE lamps.

Thanks for any info,
jeff

Mark:F

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff some info hope it helps. I have the 34" 910. Do apx 50-50 daytime-nighttime viewing. Sit anywhere from 4-15' from the TV with alot of it from the side. Pic quality is excellent under all these circumstances. My front speakers are old ADS 16" and sit within 1' of the TV with no interference.

Johnny Mo

Agent
Jeff,

I looked at the Sony (it was my 1st choice), but it wouldn't fit into my entertainment center since Sony puts the speakers on the sides. I wound up going with the Toshiba 34" HDTV Cinema Series 34HDX82 model. I love this TV. Oddly enoughi I have an Infinity setup all around as well, Reference Series.

I haven't gotten too crazy with the lighting and paint scheme since this really is my family room first and foremost. Eventually, I plan to build out part of my basement as a dedicated theater (after I recover from buying the house) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks