What's new

Ok, did it. New Case (Lian Li V1200) (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
nice case. i have the lian-li pc60, and it cost me at least 3x as much as any other case i was looking at, but it is still my favorite part of my computer. lian-li cases are very well crafted and constructed. imo, even though they cost (sometimes much) more, they are surely worth it.

so did you squeeze 6 hard disks into it yet? :)

CJ

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Nope. Just three. 1 74G WD Raptor, 2 250G Seagate SATA's.

So, right now, I'm pretty finished. Maybe I'll put up pics soon. I went as high as I wanted to go without spending "OUTRAGEOUS" money.

The config ended up being:

Lian Li 1200 Black
AMD64 3700+ (Sock 754)
MSI K8N Neo Platinum (NF3/250GB)
2GB OCZ PC3500 (2 sticks of 1GB)
eVGA 6800GT Nvidia
1 WD Raptor 10k 74G (boot drive)
2 250G Seagate SATA (video)
1 Pioneer 108 DVD-RW DL
1 NEC 2510 DVDRW DL
TV Tuner
Epson RM200 Inkjet / Samsung Laser
Intel 56k Modem (for faxing)
NEC 21" LCD

So far, I'm happy, and my wife hasn't killed me, which is a perk. :) I didn't go all out, no FX53, etc. :) But I went with something I felt is significantly high end enough to last me through the year and at least 13 months or so, and what more can you really ask? :)

I should add: the RM200 is maybe the coolest thing I've ever purchased. I bought all printable DVDs and CDs.. and the ability to print to them is fantastic. I buy a lot of software on line, and I mean.. a lot.. and it's nice that Symantec lets you buy and download ISOs, but it's nice to be able to download the CD Cover and burn the ISO and put the right image literally on the disc. Very very slick; I will never use labels again! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks