What's new

OK, CSI is now the best show on TV. (1 Viewer)

AaronP

Stunt Coordinator
I am a big fan of ER, NYPD Blue, and Law and Order, but after starting to watch CSI last year, it has grown on me each week, and the episode last week with the "kidnapping" and the guy in the rabbit suit, along with the ones a few weeks ago with the girl who had a sex change and became a shemale serial killer and stalked Grissom has finally tilted the balance towards CSI, and its now the best show on TV.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
While I don't consider it the best show on TV, I do like it and watch it when I can. I particularly enjoyed the two you mention.
The last episode, in particular, caught my attention.
Not my favorite, but I can see why you someone else would consider it tops :)

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
You mean as the episodes become less and less plausible, you like the show more and more?

I do agree it's a very good show, but I like it when the scientific anomaly turns out to be something realistic (wrong angle of shooting assumed, wrong identity of target victim) rather than something implausible like genius suicidal serial killers who spent their entire lives developing false identities after sex changes.

The low point for me was the one with the scuba tank on a guy who was to be an arson victim that became a rocket and launched the guy into a tree above the fire, thereby preserving his body and all the evidence.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I agree. It's solid entertainment but not solid storytelling. I would put it in the top 12 shows.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
Have any of you seen this show in HDTV? Now, THAT is real eye candy.
Yes I have! It looks wonderful! Without getting to far off topic, CBS deserves a BIG pat on the back for all they are doing for HDTV. It's kind of funny that a station that is general thought of as having a geriatric viewing audience is leading the HDTV revolution! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: to CBS!

Don Black

Screenwriter
You give CBS far too much credit. CBS would be doing jack if the set manufacturers weren't paying for the added costs of an HDTV broadcast. Granted, they are absorbing some charges ... but it's not like they are doing this out of love for the consumer.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I have to admit, I've never really been able to get into this show like other police dramas on the air right now. Make no mistake, I can clearly see how high the production values are and see how sharp the science is, but there's one thing that holds me back: character.

The show is intentionally played very low key and professional by the cast, and while that works on some levels, it just feels a bit too cold for me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The work in criminalistics probably has a hand in creating very analytical characters. What's funny is that Greg, the lab tech, is the one with the most "personality" and who is also the CSI wannabe.
All I know is that Gil Grissom owns some fine stereo gear. :)

Don Black

Screenwriter
You should see Grisom in real life pictures at the Playboy mansion. He looks like the biggest dork. It's really funny. Then again, he's at the mansion and I'm not....

AaronP

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget, Grissom also caught the serial killer known as "The Tooth Fairy" when he was younger, in the FBI, and before he changed his name!

Also, both chicks on CSI are HOT! The older one is all class, and has a nice ass, and the younger one has that pouty look that is just awesome!

Jamie E

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget, Grissom also caught the serial killer known as "The Tooth Fairy" when he was younger, in the FBI, and before he changed his name!
Hey, great Manhunter reference! Remember when Grissom was in the Secret Service under another alias, and he was chasing down a counterfeiter and had to evade some bad guys by driving the wrong way on the freeway? :eek: :emoji_thumbsup:
I've always liked William Petersen's acting ability. It's great to see him in steady work on CSI.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
And for all the big CSI fans, don' forget to pickup a copy of the new paperback:

CS: Double Dealer by Max Collins.

A great and fun read.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks