OK, B&W fans, how much better is N804 vs CDM9NT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kad, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Jeff Kad

Jeff Kad Extra

Slowly but surely I'm finally putting together my HT/music setup in 15x18x7 basement. Started with cdm1nt for fronts, now just bought cdm9nts to replace the 1nt (not even set up yet!!). Now thinking about N804's instead of CDM 9NT. Of course, this would mean upgrading to HTM2 center and maybe better electronics (was going to use B&K307 or Pioneer 49tx, are they good enough for 804s?). So I'm afraid to even go listen to 804's, but can't help wondering what the consensus is out there regarding these two speakers head to head. Is the difference marginal or dramatic? I know, I know, my own ears will tell me, but indulge me with your opinions. Thanks...[​IMG]

2. Brian Shannon

Brian Shannon Stunt Coordinator

I always wanted 804's. The older series not the current ones. I have not listened to the CDM series.

I did go out over the weekend and listen to the new CM series. I did some A/B tests with the CM4 against the 804 and against the 803. I was disappointed in the 804.

Not sure if that helps you any but I was very impressed with the CM4's and bought a pair and a center for my system.

Good luck.