What's new

OK. Anyone own the UHF DVD yet? I want your reactions to it (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I know that "UHF" doesn't com out until tommorrow, but some people already got their copies early and I would like to know what we all think about the DVD Did MGM give us a decent transfer of this film? Let me know.

I have yet to buy the film, but I am planning on buying it tommorrow and I can't wait any more. At least in 24 hours, it will be everywhere, but for the select few who picked up their copies early, please post. Starting tommorrow, everyone can post because it will be everywhere.

Matthew H

Second Unit
I picked it up on Saturday, and I'm very impressed. The extras are great, and the sound/transfer is excellent. Definately the best I've seen it since in theaters back in 1989. My only complaint is, because it's a budget title, that it doesn't come with an insert. However, you can't go wrong for only $10. :)

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine on Saturday and I've only had time to look at the movie itself, but it looks great! That alone is well worth the price, but I can't wait to dig into the extras...

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
The commentary track--a whole lot of Weird Al and a little of his manager, Jay Levey, also the film's director--is one of the best I've heard. It's filled with witticisms, anecdotes, production info and useless trivia. Regarding the latter, Al has either a photographic memory or copious notes, because he cites the street address for virtually every location. The fact that the incredulous Jay says "No way!" every time he does makes me suspect it's the former. Really fun.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks