1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

OHM's compatability

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marty Carry, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Marty Carry

Marty Carry Extra

The biggest question that I have for the moment is will the Yamaha rx-v3300 (8 ohms) work with the psb 6t, 10s, 9c speakers (4-6 ohms)?

Also any feedback on what I am thinking of purchasing would be great.

Projector - Yamaha lpx500 (already bought it)

Projector Screen Dalite 8'x6' Screen for LCD Video Projector(this is a pull down but for a couple hundred bucks I want to start with this).

Receiver - Yamaha rx-v3300 (will I hate myself for not getting the z1?)
    Speakers - Front psb 6t or 7t (will the 7t's be that much better) Center psb 9c, Rear psb 10s (how cool are these?), I do not know the name of the sub. If there is a better speaker package out there for under or around $2000, I would be interested in hearing!

Hdtv - Sony hd200 (Is there really anything else to consider). It doesn't appear that they have much competition. I want directv and as much flexibility on inputs and outputs as possible.

Thanks and i am excited to join the forum. Marty

2. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

Almost all the Yamaha reciever's feature a low impedance drive amplifier meaning it can take down to a 2 ohm load so you're more than safe.