Ohm Loudspeakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Stephen M, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Stephen M

Stephen M Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have experience with their latest models? Their web site shows interesting models with claimed broad frequency response and good prices.

2. Bob K

Bob K Stunt Coordinator

Stephen,

Sorry, I can't help on recent Ohm models, but I had to post anyway because the name recalls an era. When my friends and I were getting out of college in the mid- to late-70's, a number of us wound up getting Ohm C2's. I remember trying to get something different -- I didn't want the same speakers everyone else had -- but listening tests at the local stereo shop (anyone remember Tech Hifi?) showed they were clearly the best in that price range (c. $300 per pair, if I recall correctly).

I replaced my C2s in the early 90's, but they live on, 25+ years after I bought them, at a nephew's house.

Good luck in your search.

Tempest Construction Pix: http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/m...view_album.php

3. Stephen M

Stephen M Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Bob. Ohm offers a 120 day test period![​IMG] I have never heard of such a long trial offer. In addition, they apparently are run by the same guys who have been offering these speakers for about thirty years, which puts them in a select group of manufacturers with this length of service. Hope to give them a try if finances and space allow.

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I think they're still in Brooklyn Bob.

5. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

Ohms a wild company. Back in 89 i bought some FRS-5's and still run them today. On their site...they still offer repacement speakers and I have had e-mails with ohm and they also offer speaker trade-in! Not many companies do that! I love my Ohms and will never get rid of them. Will fixe them up first.
    I had often wondered to get some Walsh speakers. Guy who did a major review on the Odyssey amps seemed to like them quite well.

6. David*RT

David*RT Stunt Coordinator