1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

ohhh the temptation

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Philip_G, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

bestbuy has 1 year, 0 interest and I've been dreaming of an infocus X1 for my livingroom...must....resist.....

so where are you shopping today?

2. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    Fry's Electronics, for computer parts.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Best Buy for a couple soundtracks (The Matrix Revolutions and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King) and maybe a DVD (thinking about getting South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut) or two.

4. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

Quote:
    thinking about getting South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
    You cant go wrong with this one, has to be one of the funniest movies ever made. Of course I am biased as I am total South Park nut, I have every episode on tape with the commercials edited out. One of the only reasons I still have a VCR (in addition to the original Star Wars).

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Quote:
    You cant go wrong with this one, has to be one of the funniest movies ever made. I know, one of my friends has the DVD as well. I've borrowed it many, many times. [​IMG]

6. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

bestbuy has 1 year, 0 interest and I've been dreaming of an infocus X1 for my livingroom...must....resist.....

Just wait, they'll have it for longer than 1 year. I got my HDTV on 18 months no interest, but I've seen them go as long as 2 years. Do they generally include projectors when they put TV's on sale like that?

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I dunno. I decided I refuse to buy it from BB because they have a 15% restocking fee on projectors. If I buy it and I'm not happy with it I'm screwed.

8. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

I decided I refuse to buy it from BB because they have a 15% restocking fee on projectors. If I buy it and I'm not happy with it I'm screwed.

Thtat's good to know, thank you. I was looking into the X1 myself. Guess I won't be getting it at Best Buy. Ironically I've finally gotten to were I can easily afford one, but now I don't have a room in my house big enough to use a projector in. Just can't catch a break.

9. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    Quote:
    Just wait, they'll have it for longer than 1 year Watch for manufacturer's financing. I bought a Sony Wega last year for 12 mo. no payments, no interest. I just paid for it this week, having owned it for free for 13 months. [​IMG]