What's new

Oh, to have my hands on NFL2K3 today........ (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Why, oh why, can't games be released on Tuesdays like DVD's and CD's?

I have so much more freetime on Tuesday night than I do on Wednesday night.

Ggrrrrrrrrrrr....

Call me, EBX!!! Call me and tell me my game is in!!!

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
My local EB said they should have it in at 2:00 PM. It shipped yesterday, so it should be in stores today.

-Dean-

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Is this generally considered to be the best of this round of football games? I'm debating on picking up one - and I've also got the PS2 vs. xbox versions to consider. Right now, it's looking like xbox 2k3 is the leader...

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
My local place told me it might be in by around 7:00 tonight. I traded in Jak and Daxter and Half-Life to get the game for free!!:D

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
AAaaaaaaagghhhh....
My EB's saying tomorrow.

I've pre-paid for it, so I don't want to go somewhere else.

Oh well, I guess I'll finish Mark of Kri tonight. (Love that game!)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Chris, don't worry about going elsewhere for it.
I went to 5 different stores (EB, Toys R Us, Funcoland, Circuit City and Best Buy). Nobody had 2K3. A couple had Madden for sale, but not 2K3. My local EB also said definately tomorrow. Damn! Really wanted to play this tonight.:angry:

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
My EB only got in the PS2 version, so I picked it up. :)
I haven't yet decided if I am going to trade it for the X-box version yet. The PS2 controller really helps for this game.
-Dean-

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Dean damn you! I'm jealous!

I went to my local babbages during my lunch break and they didn't have it. They did have a demo of it (PS2) on display (Damn does it look fantastic too!). This is the first time I have ever been excited for a football game (AKA I don't watch football but I'm actually starting to really like playing football games).

I might have to make a midnight run to Walmart this evening and see if they get the game in...heres hoping.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Kind of odd...

I went by Best Buy today, and the only football games they had for sale for PS2 were some NCAA games. No madden, no 2K3, not even any spots cleared for a promo.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I went to five damn stores to get this game, but it's finally here. As it turns out, I had to go to the mall (which I absolutely loathe) FOUR FREAKING TIMES for this game. First, I went to EBX and found out about the trade-in thing. Next, I went back with my games and put down my order for the game. Then, I came back to the game, took it home, and got the dreaded disc read error, so I had to go back to the mall once again to buy a can of compressed air at Radio Shack to clean out my PS2. Whew. What a hectic day.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I went by Best Buy today, and the only football games they had for sale for PS2 were some NCAA games. No madden, no 2K3, not even any spots cleared for a promo.
Not that odd. Best Buy rarely, if ever, has anything on release day. They should have them by the weekend, tho.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm noticing that myself. I think once I get everything down, this game will be my most played. I LOVE World Series Baseball, but after playing this, I cannot believe they are made by the same development team. This is head and shoulders ahead of that one.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Andrew. Does anyone know if the ESPN franchise garnered for this release applies to ALL Sega sports games? Like can they use the ESPN "Look" for NBA 2K3 as well as future releases of World Series and the college titles?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Like can they use the ESPN "Look" for NBA 2K3 as well as future releases of World Series and the college titles?
Yep, all of this coming seasons titles will have the ESPN license applied. If you look on the back of the 2K2 box there is an ad for NBA2K3 and the ESPN license is shown there.

Besides that Dan Patrick's intro on NFL2K3 says something ot the affect of "The biggest news is that Sega Sports has drafter ESPN to enhance thier leading line of sports game and to score points with the gamers. Lets start with football..."

Users who are viewing this thread