What's new

OH #$&#*(&$#*(&$(#$^*&( not again! non-letterbox for Justice League!!! (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
'Standard' doesn't always mean 'Fullscreen' or 'Pan and Scan'
The very bottom says 'Standard Version: Preserving the format of the original Television Exhibition'
so... if its 'original television exhibition' was LBX... maybe it is LBX
Oh course... THIS IS Warner that we are talking about (and they KNOW what they will get themselves into if it is indeed true :) )
HERE'S HOPING FOR THE BEST, we probably won't know for sure till reviews come out... so just relax :D

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Rob I appreciate your optimism, but in all honesty Warner always says "Enhanced for Widescreen TVs" on their widescreen releases. Always
Looks like it is the Follow That Bird, family entertainment syndrome.
I agree with Jacob. *@#$ing Warner...
-Chad

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, the originally broadcasted aspect ratio was 4:3 full screen unmatted....then they replay the way the art directors want the series seen, in WS on Sundays by putting on the mattes.

I wont be buying the DVD if it's non-anamorphic WS.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately, the originally broadcasted aspect ratio was 4:3 full screen unmatted....then they replay the way the art directors want the series seen, in WS on Sundays by putting on the mattes.
The art directors wanted widescreen but they animated it at 4:3? Bizarre.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I like the full-frame version better. If the animators are being told to animate for matted widescreen, they aren't paying very close attention to their orders. :)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
No need to complain, it is technically the OAR. I am not that big a fan of the show...watched the pilot, and you can definitely tell Paul Dini isn't the one writing.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
When using the term OAR, one is usually referring to the way a film was originally presented upon release. Justice League's debut was in 1:33:1, though granted it is shown in letterbox on Sundays, and the creators prefer it that way.

Nevertheless, 1:33:1 is still it's OAR. Willy Wonka was never intended to be shown in 1:33:1, whereas Justice League was made specifically for that aspect ratio, per Cartoon Network's request. Would it be cool for Warner to include the option of widescreen for this release? Yes, but I consider it a lower priority to raise a fuss over titles originally intended for 1:33:1 when Warner is butchering titles that were never intended for that ratio. You gotta pick your battles.

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure what everybody is seeing though. I have watched the show on Mondays and Sundays and it has always been in widescreen. I wish somebody would end the confusion on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks