What's new

Oh NO! the word SNOW has been spoken.... (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Don't take it wrong... I LOVE a good snow! But in this area, people just simply go crazy at the word snow in the forecast.
I got up this morning about 6 to make a early run to Kroger and little did I know that "snow" had been used in the forecast for today. Kroger was a horde of people stocking up on everything.... several things were sold out and even the stock people were laughing about how people seem to respond to a snow forecast.
What is worse, is how people around here drive in bad weather. I traveled extensively up north where driving in snow is required and never any big deal, but around here, people are true lunatics out on the road in that stuff!

I guess the moral of this story is "beware driving your shopping cart in Kroger and beware driving your car on the roads" when snow is forecast.

Now that it is sleeting and snowing outside, I'm glad to be at home and out of everyones way!
Happy Holidays......!!!!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Of course it will snow here tonight -- the spring on our garage door broke yesterday, so my car will sit outside tonight. I'll be cleaning snow off my car in the morning for the drive to work.

If the spring had not broken, it would probably be a nice warm 40 degrees. So, everyone in the Midwest can blame my garage door for the weather. :laugh:

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Thanks Scott! I'll think of your garage door spring when I'm outside tomorrow morning clearing the driveway and sidewalk :D

Maybe I'm a bit twisted, but it will be nice to have some snow at Christmas for a change.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Ahhhhh! I am so jealous!

We never get any weather here. It's always the same mundane BORRING, rain and 50 degrees. It's turned everybody soft out here too. Texas gets snow, California gets it sometimes. But us, 100s' of miles north don't.

I miss MN. weather.

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, there is actually a 30% chance of snow here in Pensacola, FL Friday night. It snowed here in 1995 but only did for about 30 minutes and did not stick. But hey, the weather guy said the "S" word for Florida.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
See! That's what I mean. If Florida can get it, then why the hell can't we?
It's not fair! Not right! Who do I talk to!

ScottHH

Stunt Coordinator
They actually suggested needing to dress in layers the other night because it was going to briefly dip into the 40s here in Florida. Although I admit putting on a sweatshirt. If you're imagining snow in Florida is like snow in Southtown, it isn't. Potential damage to citrus crops can be real, needing your golashes isn't...

Chris, aren't you 20 miles from Mt. Hood you should be able to see snow all year round, no?

Jimi C

Screenwriter

You want snow? Bring a truck and a shovel with you to buffalo.. you can have all of the snow you want.. we dont mind.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'll take snow over -40C. It's a warm -10C here now, but the skies are clear... I won't be surprised if it gets into the -20s tonight.

aaron campbell

Second Unit
15"+ and counting. Today was my last day of work before my vacation. I got an extra day when the boss called to shut down today. I'm off til January 3rd now!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Wimps. :)

Aaron, it appears that you guys are getting hit harder in Ohio than we are. We should have about a foot by the time it's done snowing today. It took me about twice as long to get to work this morning -- not including the time to clean off my car (damn garage door spring :angry:).

My Altima is not the best snow car, either. I think it's time to get rid of the performance tires that came on the vehicle.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I remember those days of snowfall measured by the foot, while I was working/traveling up north. Even so, it seldom detered getting out and enjoying it as we have to around here when we get just an inch or so.
We had 3 inches of sleet yesterday and last night so I'll not venture out and expose myself to the idiots who treat the situation and roads as their personal playground!!!

Good thing I have a computer to surf and a great movie collection. Since we are not going above freezing for several days and temps plunging to around 5 Christmas Eve, looks like staying at home is gonna be our only option..........

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - It's going to be 50 here in CT today and it feels like a heat wave.

It's CRAZY, since we had a nice blizzard and single digits just 4 days ago.

aaron campbell

Second Unit
Scott, We were in the eye so to speak. Towns around here got 19"+. The bad thing is the temps are to drop Christmas Eve & day to a high of 5, and a low at night to -15. I just thank the Lord we have electricity.:)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
something over 12" in Uxbridge(North of Toronto), but the springs in my garage door work GREAT:p)

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks