What's new

Oh No! Somebody might possibly bang his head over "DRIVEN"... (1 Viewer)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I believe the point is that there is a R3 release with DTS on it. Given the way that Ron seemed so pleased with the sound on the R1 release I don't know if this would significantly improve matters, but someone is bound to want to find out...

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
It's hard to imagine anyone "banging their heads" over this one, since I would find it difficult to believe that anyone would actually purchase this very BAD movie.
DTS does not make a bad movie better!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
DTS does not make a bad movie better!
Nope, but it just might help numb the pain.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
True that this movie is completely horrible, but it is also one of the best looking and sounding discs I've watched in a long time. Pure demo material. However, I don't see how a DTS version could offer any significant improvement to that already amazing DD soundtrack.
-Brett
------------------
Link Removed
My DVD's

Doug Burress

Auditioning
Oh how I hoped for this to be a great movie! I have been a racing photographer for over 30 years. I have been to the last 31 Indy 500s, a dozen Daytona 500 and hundreds of other races. I couldnt wait for this movie to come out. Driven should have been titled "Drivel". It was so bad, I nearly walked out. I was sooo disappointed. I guess I was expecting "Rocky" on wheels. It sucked. A stupid story with special effects resembling a Playstation game.
Now if they would only come out with Grand Prix or Lemans on DVD. Those are worth watching. And then there is Superspeedway (IMAX) on DVD. Its awesome.
------------------

YANG

Screenwriter
I also feel that DRIVEN is a bad movie too,but sometime you will need that little snacks and tidbits to add a little pleasure to your ht presentation...here i am referring to the movie's surround sound quality.

Ernest_T

Grip
No need to "bang your head" over this. This is a version produced for local (Hong Kong) consumption. It is non-anamorphic and usually the transfer is sub-par (video- and audio-wise); the DTS audio transfer is certainly not as good as the R1 Dolby Digital audio. But of course it is a whole lot cheaper.
Other titles in such category which I have come across are "Legend of 1900" and "Spy Kids" (the DTS audio is really nothing to shout about...it is just a whole lot louder).

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
They could put on the greatest full bit rate DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete soundtrack ever heard to man on the DVD and the film will still be one of the shittiest films of 2001. Sure it would sound amazing, but the film will still suck. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Here in China Town the sell these Region 3 (I believe) and most of them are in DTS, I also noticed most of the concert DVDs are in DTS as well.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed

Ka Yuen

Agent
Ernest
I am visiting Hong Kong during Thanksgiving. Please check dddhouse.com chinese movies prices without shipping and tell me if I can do better just buying them in the stores during my visit.
Ka

Ernest_T

Grip
Ka Yuen:
I have just browse through the titles and prices at DDDhouse and the prices are pretty good. You probably can get it slightly cheaper down in Mong Kok area (espcially in Sino Center) but since you don't have to pay for shipping at DDDhouse, it is a bargain. You may want to check out the secondhand DVD shops in Sino Center; you may get some good titles (both R1 and R3) at very good prices.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Ernest_T just to correct you Driven r3 actually is anamorphic. It is from Universe, who have done quite a good job of the titles I've seen from them so far. Driven offers quite an improvement audio-wise from the DD track, as do the other two releases I have seen from Universe, The Gift & Traffic (both unfortunately non-anamorphic, but otherwise look very much like the r1 equivalents).

YANG

Screenwriter
DEAN,
I am surprised that you did not go for the VILLAGE ROADSHOW release of TRAFFIC and GIFT.

Brett C

Second Unit
The R3 DVD of Driven is identical to the R1, exact same transfer with a DTS track that is very superior to the DD track paticulary when it comes to fidelity and the bottom end...

Brett C

Second Unit
Hey Dean hows it going.....lol, recieved my Driven DVD yesterday compared it to R1 and THEY ARE THE SAME ,picturewise but the inclusion of the DTS track makes an already superb soundtrack rock!!!!!, its awesome

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Yang,
I went with the r3 versions of The Gift & Traffic for the dts tracks, which are absent from the r4 versions. Both are improvements over the DD tracks. Incidentally, Roadshow are releasing Driven r4 in dts as well but is not out until Jan. The r4 discs ususally contain more extras, but I would trade extras for an improved soundtrack any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks