Oh no, not another Presentation Projo thread

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John S, Oct 21, 2005.

1. John S

John S Producer

I have discouraged it in the past, but I have a chance to get a Mitsu XL1XU used, but I know the company and I'll bet the thing doesn't have 200 hours on it for like $300...

Seems a good deal. At one time it did seem people were happy using these for HT, even being a presentaion projector.

Is it worth, taking a DVD player and maybe my HD OTA STB to actually see what it looks like this weekend? It is not going to be easy to try it out at all, but they told me I could if I wanted to.

2. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

It is a decent FP. It is about a year and a half old and is, like you said, a presentation FP. It is 768p 4:3 AR and retailed for over $3000 back in the day. I say give it a shot......what the heck. The worst that can happen is you ruin a weekend....big deal. Keep in mind though that it will have poor CR so certain movies may not look great but it may be worth the tradeoff of having a BIG screen. Good luck.

3. John S

John S Producer

Well that's good enough for me to blow a day on.....

I figure if nothing else I can ebay the thing and not lose money anyways. But if I didn't like it for widescreen movies and even HDTV, I'd probably just pass on it.

Thanks for the push.