What's new

Oh no............. Doo Happens June 14! (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Link Removed
I had no idea this was being made! :eek:
Odds that its gonna suck? Dead on. :D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Yeah but....Daphne
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Peace Out~:D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've already got my Doo fill from the parody in Jay and Silent Bob Strike back :)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
While I thought the parody worked for the 5min in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, I can't believe we will have to sit through 90min of it (Well, if you choose to). I finally saw the preview the other day and couldn't believe how bad it looks.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
3 words... Freddy Prinze Jr.
Ratings for movies starring Freddie Prinze Jr. according to RottenTomatoes.com:
Head Over Heels 7%
Summer Catch 8%
Down to You 3%
Boys and Girls 9%
Wing Commander 6%
ISKWYDLS 13%
She's All That 29%
IKWYDLS 38%
To ensure this movie fails, Mathew Lillard will be co-starring with Prinze for the 4th time.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Who would have thought that I Know What You Did Last Summer would be Freddie Prinze Jr.'s greatest film achievement :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Aw come on guys, let your hair down, it might be fun, you never know. It strikes me as poking fun at the cartoon series, hopefully their will be jokes about how they never change they're clothes, Shaggy is always high on something, they drive around aimlessly looking to stick they're noses into other peoples affairs without ever being paid for it, and they have a talking dog.
Those things are so obviously screaming to be made fun of, it would be foolish of this movie not to do it! :laugh:
You know what I always found funny about that show? At the end of every episode when the unmasked villian says "I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you stinkin kids!", I always thought to myself "Yeah really! It was none of they're god damn business!" :laugh:

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Judging from the trailer, SMG hardly put a massive amount of effort getting into the character. Daphne The Vampire Slayer, apparently.

Velma is cute though.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
3 words... Freddy Prinze Jr.
Ratings for movies starring Freddie Prinze Jr. according to RottenTomatoes.com:
Head Over Heels 7%
Summer Catch 8%
Down to You 3%
Boys and Girls 9%
Wing Commander 6%
ISKWYDLS 13%
She's All That 29%
IKWYDLS 38%
:eek: Holy crap [pun intended]! I didn't know his collective body of work was that bad!
Which now begs the question:
Why do I know who Freddie Prinze Jr. is???

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Of course in Jay and Bob it's not actually a reference to S Doo. I mean it is but without license so you'll note that no characters names are used (even in credits) and the Mystery Machine is without that name.

What's funny is that at the time I thought Smith HAD done a funny tie-in with that film (already well underway with photos released, etc), using the real actors, etc. It wasn't till the DVD that I realized he had just done his own version.

Just for a second there I thought someone with the Doo project was doing something smart by getting a good tie-in.

Turns out that the best Doo we will get is most likely the "fake" Doo in J&B.

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
Lets not forget the South Park episode with KoRn :) That was some good stuff.
But yes, "worst film ever" I believe will be the resounding words heard in the "official scooby doo review thread" when the time comes. :frowning:
:angry:

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
But yes, "worst film ever" I believe will be the resounding words heard in the "official scooby doo review thread" when the time comes.
Does anyone actually intend to see it? :confused: I would have thought the thread would be empty!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks