Oh no, don't do this to the Hulk!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Norm, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Norm

Norm Cinematographer

Norm
    April 16, 2002... We all know now that Nick Nolte is playing Bruce Banner's father in the Hulk movie -- but what might be news that Bruce wasn't the first Hulk! Possible SPOILER information follows:Our latest scooper read the casting breakdowns of some of the Hulk characters, and when they read the description of Nolte's part, their eyes did a double-take. Our scooper says that Nolte's character is Dr. David Banner, and that the elder doctor "was also a 'Hulk' along with Bruce." That would add a whole new element into the movie origins of the Hulk character not found in the comic book incarnation.
    This information has not been confirmed yet, so hang on until we can get a bead and see if there's going to be two Hulks in the picture. [Scoop sent in by the shadowy 'Mr. Clutch']

http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/detail...diblehulk.html
    I hope this is false!

2. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Everyone knows it was gamma rays!!!! Not an inherited birth trait. GEEEEZ!

3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

The Edible Hulk? [​IMG]
    I read this last night also and was somewhat taken aback. Wait and see!

4. Norm

Norm Cinematographer

Norm
    Hollywood always has to change Comic Book characters, if thats the case then they should make up their own character and do a different movie, instead of throwing out 35 years of comic book history! I'm pissed, I'm not looking forward to anymore Comic Book movies if they are going to keep doing this crap!

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

David Banner was the name of the Hulk alter ego in the TV show, I wonder if that means anything (I never understood why they changed that name anyway).

It sounds like a bad idea, to say the least.

/Mike

6. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

That sounds like a screwy change indeed, and I find it hard to picture Nick Nolte and Eric Bana as father and son anyway. Far be from Hollywood to screw with the original story...

7. Terrell

Terrell Producer

This is absolutely terrible if true.

8. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    The "quote" around the word Hulk has me less worried. Bruce Banner, for the uninitiated, was an abused little boy. Abused by his father. Much of the Hulk's situation can be attributed to the psychological damage he received at his father's hand. When you think about it, the Hulk is a split personality of Bruce, the little boy who wants to be left alone. But a little boy with immense rage and power. Maybe the 'Hulk' in reference to his father merely means the bully he fears. I hope so. There is fertile ground here for a GREAT story.
    Hence, I am giving it a chance. I expect more than corny action from Ang Lee.

Here's to hoping!

Chuck

9. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

Assuming the gamma radiation damaged Banner's genes, it may very well wind up being hereditary.

I remember reading a great sci-fi short story about a 'boosted' combat soldier, who's genetic modifications rendered him invisible, demobilizing from a war, going home to his wife. She gets pregnant with twins, who inherit the father's invisibility. Tragic, tragic stuff ensues.

10. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Yes, but this doesn't follow the comic books. It's just more tinkering and changing a story. Typical Hollywood. I know changes sometimes have to be made, but I don't see how they have to go that far, if it's true.

11. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Uh-Ohh, [​IMG]
    I really hope that this is not true.

12. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

Are the blacked-out spoiler stuff in threads there for good, or is there some button/setting I'm supposed to use in order to turn them off to be able to read what someone wrote?

13. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Brad, place your mouse pointer over the black area and using left click, click 3 times. Or, you can hold you left mouse button down and scroll over it, just as you would if you copy and paste something.

14. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    highlight them

15. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

I'm gonna go with Chuck's version of it. This report probably refers to

Bruce's abused childhood.

I seriously doubt Ang Lee and the cast would agree to anything this stupid as this supposed plot twist. And even if they do, I have faith in them.

16. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    OH GOOD LORD LET THIS BE FALSE!!!
    I will follow Ang Lee to hell and back, I trust him utterly, but this is asking too much if it's true.
    If this type of ridiculous crap is allowed to continue, imagine THIS pitch meeting...
    Big shot studio executive-
    "O.K. gentelmen, get this, in our new 'Superman' film, he actually gets his strength not from our yellow sun, but it turns out he was born with a very rare birth defect that causes freakish strength and abilities! Sounds cool huh? We'll make millions! And did I mention that he was actually born on Earth in our film, we thought the whole 'Krypton' idea wouldn't really work with the kids today." [​IMG]
    Sad.

17. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time Hollywood has employed creative licensing to "fix" an unbroken wagon. Not to go off-topic, but how much "alteration" was done to Spiderman? Or do we even know that yet? If there are some major changes to Spiderman and it explodes at the box office (probably), I think that would throw alot of fuel on Hollywoods fire to change aspects of Hulk around to make it more to their liking.

Bruce

18. Terrell

Terrell Producer

The biggest stink over Spiderman is the change of the web shooters.

19. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

20. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Kevin, I'm not completely sure, but I think it has to do with his web shooters being organic. Instead of mechanical web shooters, that he has to refill, his web shooter are organic, meaning he shoots the web from slits in his wrists.

I'm not positive on that, but I've heard many Spidey fans go ape**** over the webshooters.