What's new

oh Kenwood where art thou? (1 Viewer)

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed the disappearance of Kenwood from there local cc's and best buys, they seem to be slowly turning into an Internet only brand, and im pretty sure that wasn't there plan. Im interested in hearing peoples opinions on Kenwood and why they seem to be (quickly) going downhill.

Christopher_Ham

Stunt Coordinator
I have noticed Kenwoods downward spiral over the last couple of years. My first DD, DTS receiver was a kenny. It had a fancy (Huge)interacting lcd remote. The unit sounded great though. I replaced it with a Pioneer Elite vsx 24tx and wished I hadn't. Now I am into separates and don't pay much attention anymore, but Kenwood did put out some good units in my opinion. We'll probably start seeing them at Kmart soon, right next to the Martha Stewart collection!!!!!!!Sorry, I know that was low.

Christopher_Ham

Stunt Coordinator
One more thing, I think that Kenwood should have taken Pioneers route by introducing a Higher end line like the Elites. I think Pioneer might be in the same boat if they did not put out the Elite line along with higher quality. I now think Elite puts out some excellent units, and that has kept them in the upper end audio loop. Bose is now starting the spiral, although in my opinion, Bose has not put out a good HT to date!!!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The Sovereign line never did much for me. Kenwood has had the same models out for several years now - and have not made revisions to them. I also don't find the Sovereign receivers to be very attractive. And, to top it off, Kenwood provided the power ratings on these receivers at 6 Ohms - which, in my opinion, seems like an attempt to deceive a customer.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
As far as I know, Kenwood and its parent company, Trio Electronics, is doing just fine. And long before the Sovereign higher-end line was introduced and way back in the days of so-called "high-end audio," Kenwood made very special, limited-production audio components, including a reference-standard turntable and some very high-end preamps and power amps.

Just because the marque may be disappearing from the shelves of Circuit City and Best Buy is no cause for alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks