Oh dear lord...Gamecube cases use Scavano hubs!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AndyVX, Nov 19, 2001.

1. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

Why Nintendo, why?! Why did you have to opt for the Scavano hub in your cases? Yea they hold the disc in tightly, but so what! It's a strugle to get the damn disc out.

Will the disc break? I don't know, I've never broken one(DVD or GOD), but it sure as hell feels like they are about to snap.

I realize that this is nitpicking because the Gamecube itself is great. I just wish they wouldn't have used Scavano hubs.

Andrew

2. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

yeah i am wondering when we will see a "cd wallet" storage for this since the discs are so damn small you should be able to store lots of games in a fairly small cd wallet..

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I noticed that too. I think the smaller diameter of Nintendo's discs will minimize the chances of breaking (as opposed to a full sized DVD).

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

How many different styles of hubs does Scavano make?

5. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Hmm, I have no problem with these hubs. I just press down on the hub, and the little disc is free. No pulling or bending.

-Dean-

6. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I'm not too crazy about the hubs myself. Hopefully Nintendo will support and improve upon the Game Cube for many years to come. I'd like to see them come out with a combination Game Cube/DVD/DVD-A 6-disc carousel unit ! That would be cool!!