Oh boy what should i do?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by TimZ, Apr 27, 2004.

1. TimZ

TimZ Agent

i was fixing to order a new 20-39 plus but then i ran accross a guy selling a Klipsch RSW-15 for the same price.
    I never heard the 20-39 plus but i have heard the Klipsch and know that thing can seiously pound.

what should i do??

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

At first, if you put those subs side-by-side you would think the Klipsch is better. More intense, more thud.

But after listening to the SVS for a while (and hearing things fall off the shelves in the other room) you will realize that the SVS is a lot smoother, less 'thud' and more 'Honey, why is the cat's fur all falling out?' from all the low-frequency.

People who have gotten the SVS to replace some other sub have initially not been impressed. The boom/thud/thunk they were used to is missing. But after a week they hooked up their old sub in place of the SVS and were kind of shocked at how rough the sound was.

Dont get me wrong. An enhanced-boom is part of the ride of a good adventure movie. But once you get used to the more linear response of the SVS subs, other subs remind you of the boom-cars you sometimes hear at a stop-light.

I had a KSW-12 sub, later replaced by powered DefTech towers. These still exist, but the subs are turned off in favor of my 20-39 in the corner.

3. TimZ

TimZ Agent

thanks for the tips.

i kinda like the way the cylinder looks better too

4. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

I agree with Bob. A friend of mine has a RSW-15 and a original SVS 20-39 PC, not the PCi or PC+. If either of us had one choice, we'd both take the SVS over the Klipsch, it's much tighter. Personally, I opted for the PB-2+. [​IMG]

5. TimZ

TimZ Agent

i do to, with as much raving as you guys do about svs i am going with them , plus the klipsch isn't exactly the same its $130 more

6. TimZ

TimZ Agent

yea that PB2+ is well a little much.
    my room is only around 1600 cubic feet. don't want to blow out my windows or anything

7. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

I think you're going in the right direction for size. My room is ~6000 cubic feet and open to other areas. There have been a few instances when the 2+ has had me worried.[​IMG]

8. TimZ

TimZ Agent

Not that i can't guess at what you mean [​IMG] but please elaborate [​IMG].

You feel a little bit of pressure waves ;-)?