What's new

Oh Baby!!!! ...do I got some news for you bassheads!!!! (re: BluePrint) (1 Viewer)

A

Anthony_Gomez

As some of you know, I talk a lot with Bill. Out of a recent conversation came two bits of info. The 1st isn't a supprize by any means,...but the second...well.

1) Looks like the rest of the BPD line up (02's and 03's) will be ready for orders on the 13th.

2) This bit of info...well..lets just say that Bill did not say this explicitly...but, it looks like he will have an 1003!!!!! oh baby does that look like fun! Motor almost as big as the driver cutout!!!

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Anthony,

A 1003 would be cool! Talk about SUPER SMALL enclosures with an LT circuit. Damn, that could give all those silly Velodyne subs a run for their money!

Brian

Ron D Core

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't mind throwing a few of those in my car actually. Suprise the hell out of my friends in the car audio scene with the "no name" subs.

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
ron,

heh i was thinking the same thing. just today i was kicking around the idea of four or six AV8's in a long low box for my van, under the bench seat. inspired by clarkz' thread for his sub. with my tools i work with, thats the only place to put a sub. 10"ers would be a squeeze though.

A

Anthony_Gomez

You guys are right on the money on what I would do with it! ..although I don't plan on putting itin my jeep (don't need it with the flexy top)...but the mini 11" cube would be saaawwwweeettt!!

Cam S

Screenwriter
hmmm, that would make a killer car sub, not to mention a Sunfire sub killer, muahahaha.

Kevin George

Stunt Coordinator
anthony,

ive been trying to order an 1803 for the past three months. when you said that bill said the drivers would be ready on the 13th did you mean in the month of may or june. i know this company makes great drivers but dealing with bill and the company has been a nightmare. so far all i have got is promises which are never delivered on, and then not even an explanation...after i email them asking for one. i have an email from him that's a month old in which he told me my driver had shipped. it's been a month and no driver. i emailed him and asked him for a tracking number...several times...and no response. for the record, i also emailed him at the old site as well as the new one. i havent used my ht setup in about 4 months due to the lack sub. ( i sold my old sub to another htf member...becuase i thought the blue print site "would only be down for a few weeks." the truth is that i now regreting selling my old sub and getting hot for the blueprint

anthony or anyone else, do you know what is gong on over at blueprint or mission or whatever it's called now....

thanks,

kevin

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I've been told that the 1803 has been discontinued all together by a fellow forum member that just bought mine (still have to ship it out). So you better get in touch with him fast!

Brian

Kevin George

Stunt Coordinator
brian,

how reliable is the perosn that told you this. ive been waiting for this sub for about 4 months! does anyone have an 1803 they'd like to sell. i sure hope this isnt true because now im getting pissed. i could have been enjoying another diy sub such as a dual tempest for the past few months and instead ive been sitting here like an idiot waiting for a sub that may not even exist anymore. F*ck!!!!

p.s how would 2 tempest being pushed by a a lot of power stack up against one 1803 with the same amount of power. im thinking sonotube type enclosure....size is not an issuei can go as big as needed.... i want maximum impact and good extension on the low end.

p.s, p.s bill, how about honestly responding to the questions of your customers once in a while..."just waiting for the glue to dry," or "your sub will ship out tommorrow"....any of this sound familiar? if these statements arent ringing a bell though, let me know and ill send you the emails in which you said thses things.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Kevin,

Supposedly he was told this by Bill himself. I can't comment as to the validity of that though.

I'd think two Tempests (or DVC 15's) in the right enclosure would be close.

Brian

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Kevin,
I bought the 1803 off Brian (thanks Brian ;) ) and i was the one the told him the 1803 has been discontinued.. That came from an email from the new owner of BPD.. I enquired about shipping a 1503/1803 to Canada and he told me they were discontinued.. I will try to find the email and post it as i am not on my home computer right now! I also have a few emails sent to him that have not been answered..
Craig

I've emailed to Bill couple times asking about that European distributor what I and Pat were making up before he sold the company to Bill and Bill has never responded to my emails. I think Pat was way more customer friendly - he responded to emails within a day - and all that. I've been waiting and waiting for the European distributor over a YEAR now and starting to get pissed off if something doesn't happen.
Sorry to say this but I'm getting disappointed to you and your service Bill.
Btw, the Link Removed doesn't work, any reason why?

Kevin George

Stunt Coordinator
for those who are in the dark like me,

earlier today, after i made my initial post in this thread another forum member named tony was nice enough to email me. he told me that he knows bill and that he was going to try and get things figured out for me. ill report back later after i hear back from either him or bill

tony, if you read this....thanks again for your help. hopefully ill have my 1803 soon. if not im just going to say screw it and go with 2 tempest.

p.s does anyone know the max amount of power (watts) i would want to send to each tempest with out damaging the driver.

p.s. ps. bill, i agree with the member who posted above, your customer service....it needs help badly! im not sure how many sales you have already lost due to it...but i can tell you you're about to lose another very soon.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Kevin,
The Tempest don't need much power to "sing",just like the Shivas you sold[no way I sell them back to you;)]in my experience over 700w and they will start to bottom out close to the tuning point,so if you give em clean 500w each that's all you need.
The BP can take a lot more but they about 7db less efficient.
I also have a Tempest for sale if you want it for $80.00 it's already "broke in".;)

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
there is actually a lot of people in car audio that know about the sub. I know a couple buddies that have these. Your friends might not, but there is quite a few people. Great sub you should put them in your car.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
The $80.00 was a friendly price for Kevin if he wants it.

Just so everyone wanted to know,it was used for about 6 months,and a the last 6 months it has been sitting in the closet unused.I will respond to everyone who interested via email.

I apologise for "hijacking" this thread,please continue with the topic in hand.

Thanks!

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
p.s does anyone know the max amount of power (watts) i would want to send to each tempest with out damaging the driver.
That's completely dependent on the loading (sealed, reflex)
and alignment. The actual thermal limit for the VC is about 750 watts, but the mechanical limit can be substantially lower slightly above and below tuning in a reflex and down low for sealed.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Hey Jack,
It is nice to know I'm not the only one who is not done is BP sub. My 1503 is sitting quietly on the floor since Christmas.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks