What's new

***Official Zelda Spoilers - Enter at Your Own Risk Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Mark Giles

Second Unit
Need help with the Fairy Rocks....

How and where do I find whatever I need to move those fairy rocks with faces on it. They say I need to find a friend that lives in the sea. I've been looking for a while and I can't find anyone.

Help anyone?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
How and where do I find whatever I need to move those fairy rocks with faces on it. They say I need to find a friend that lives in the sea. I've been looking for a while and I can't find anyone.
Well, after completing the Forsaken Fortress the second time and rescuing Aryll and returning to Hyrule with Tetra, use the Ballad of Gales to warp to Mother and Child Isles in sector B2*. (If you need the Ballad, sail northwest from the Tower of the Gods to sector D3, Northern Triangle Island, and sail into the cyclone. Hit Cyclos with your Hero Bow three times and he will teach you the Ballad. Be quick in hitting him, you don't have very long before you get sucked in)

At Mother and Child Isles, The Queen of the Fairies will imbue your Hero Bow with Fire and Ice Arrows. Using the Ballad, warp to Dragon Roost Island and sail south to Sector F3, Fire Mountain. Fire an Ice Arrow at the top of the mountain and then quickly scale it and drop down inside the volcano. You only have 5 minutes from the time you ice the mountain, so hurry. Once inside, defeat the magtails (and watch out for the fire keese) to retrieve the Power Bracelets. The counter stops once you open the chest.

The Power Bracelets will allow you to pick up the giant rocks (among other things).

*Sectors are counted as follows: Looking at your seachart, the Letters go across the top (A-G) and the Numbers down the side (1-7), making a 49 square Great Sea.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
OK, a little help please.:b I'm at Dragonroost Island in the Dragonroost Cavern. What the hell do I need to do to advance. I'm surely missing something really easy or obvious as usual, but I'm starting to get frustrated. Thanks.

Kim D

Stunt Coordinator
Are you in front of the 3 statues? If so, you need to pull them away from the wall. IIRC, you start with the left one. Press R and pull back on the round grey button.

Kim D

Stunt Coordinator
Can I go back and get the camera? I remember going through a maze after releasing Tingle and having a rat kick me out. Now I can't find the maze in the cell where I found Tingle.

Is there anything I can do?

- kim

Kim D

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Don. I'll try that once I get frustrated with Deku Island. I got the Deku Leaf last night and decided that that was a good note on which to end.

- kim

Frederick

Second Unit
I'm loving this game! I'm moving along at a pretty good clip, I'm thinking about just taking some time and sailing the map looking for fishes to fill in the entire map. But anyway, I have one question: where are all the bottles? I've done a lot, seen a lot, but I only have one bottle ...

Freddy C.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Well I've got onto the 2nd row of hearts now and double magic level as well as completely assembling the full power of the master sword. Oooo...it glows now :)

Now I start collecting the pieces of the triforce.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Oh, great! I can pull? Guess thats what I get for not reading the manual. :angry: Thanks Kim D.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
where are all the bottles? I've done a lot, seen a lot, but I only have one bottle ...
1) Received from Medli
2) Inside the Submarine near Bomb Island (Sector F5)
3) After rescuing the girls at the Forsaken Fortress, go to Windfall Island (Sector D2) at night. Talk to Mila (girl in rags) and then sneakily follow her (be quick at hiding behind things) as she attempts to break-in to Zunari's Safe. Answer all her questions with the first answer and receive a bottle.
4) Buy from Beedle *only* at Rock Spire Island (Sector B3). Look for his stupid shiny metal helmet.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'm trying to figure out the camera subgame in Windfall island. I found the first person to take a picture of; the man with the red jumpsuit, by the mailbox. But now I'm supposed to take a picture of someone being surprised. Does anyone know who this is?

Also, what's the deal with planting flowers everywhere. I've planted a bunch in Windfall Island, and got a heart piece for it. But there are still a bunch of pots not just on windfall island, but all over the map. What happens if I plant flowers in all of them?

Ryan FB

Second Unit
I'm trying to figure out the camera subgame in Windfall island. I found the first person to take a picture of; the man with the red jumpsuit, by the mailbox. But now I'm supposed to take a picture of someone being surprised. Does anyone know who this is?
Go into the Tavern/Bar that's above the shop of the trader who you got the sail from (can't remember the name right now). Anyways, once in there, jump on the tables and knock off the plates, cups, etc. and it should scare the patron, then you can take a picture of him.

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
Major spoiler here.

Holy Crap! I just got the Hookshot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was rather disapointed it wasn't in the game but, boy was I wrong. WOOT!!!!

Edited with a fair warning.

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
Don,
An easier way to scare the patron is to run/role into the wall he has his back to. You can do this at distance to get the perfect shot. (Took me for-frelling-ever to figure this out.)

As for the pots. I haven't actually places any yet so... I'll have to work at it :)

I love this game.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Okay, so I got the camera stuff done last night. Only a treasure map as a reward. Oh well. New problem.

I'm on forest island (the one with the deku tree). If you look around, there are three smaller islands around main island, all of which you can get to by flying with the leaf. The first is the intermediary island, so that you can make it to the fortest dungeon. The second has a treasure chest on it. Either a rupee or map in there, I forget which. The third has a big hatch on it, with a sign saying that it's the Nintendo Figurine Collection. There is a painter on the island, who points out a switch on the main island, and asks you to hit it. I think I'm too far away to hit it with an arrow, and despite all of my attempts, I can't seem to fly to it. Anyone have any ideas as to how to hit that switch?

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
Don,
To open the Nintendo gallery: Use a Seagull. Seagulls for some reason, can trigger switches.

You would have been told about this action when you found another mini game on the island in the second sector from the bottom on the rightmost side of the map.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, and you'll need to learn to do that. I think you are required to do it twice.

Speaking of the Nintendo Gallery, is anyone actually going to try to complete that? It seems it would take forever and ever. I wonder what the ultimate reward would be.

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, and do you need to have pictures of bosses? oy.

On another topic, has anyone seen "light rings"? I found a chart where they are supposed to be, but I can't see them ever. Or, does this just mean more or the little light rings you can pull rupies out of?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks