What's new

*** Official *** XBox 360 Software Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
My composite video inputs on my amp are all spoken for so I plugged into the standard RCA inputs and was still blown away how the games looked. Call of Duty 2 was super crisp and had a deep depth of field. PDZ and PGR look cool too, but I didn't spend as much time with them because I like to stick with one game until I finish or am totally stuck.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Larry--don't you mean "component" inputs? ;)

Just picking nits...I know what you really meant to say! :emoji_thumbsup:

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
How many of you have spent time with the Live Arcade games?

I really like Need For Speed and COD2, but I've been spending most of my time playing Mutant Storm Reloaded. Followed by a little bit of Geometry Wars. They are very addicting games and although they are very similar to each other, I still enjoy both of them.

Bejeweled is ok, and I haven't played with the demo of Wik too much yet.

I don't see the need to buy Smash TV, Gauntlet, Joust, etc., as I have them for my computer anyway.

Looking very forward to DOA4! And have you guys seen the lates Gears of War video from the Zero Hour event?

Gears of Wars video. (Big file.)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Bejeweled 2 and Zuma are addictive on the Xbox360, especially using a large (110") screen.

Hypnotizing.

;)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Isn't there supposed to be a US XBox360 magazine? I recall sending in a card for a free issue and Disc (I believe). This was included with my 360 package. Anybody have any follow-up on this?

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
WOW! DOA4 is absolutely awesome looking. It's been along time since I played my copy of DOA3, never been much of a fight game guy but have always loved the graphics. Picked up DOA4 today, and I gotta tell you, this game is unbelievable. I suck. Suck bad. But this game looks like an HD game is supposed to look. YOWZA!

Doug

rob-h

Second Unit
Really? I was not all that impressed by it. It did not blow me away like earlier versions on the DC and xbox. It looks good but not insanely so.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Rob --

The fight in Vegas looks amazing, you can see individual blades of grass in the fields with muliple dinosaurs, the water wakes at the shorelines by beaches. I thought it looked great. The original XBox verion looked great too -- but I think this looks noticable better.

Doug

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey guys,

The Fight Night Round 3 demo is on the Marketplace now. I'm still downloading so I can't say how it is.

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Fight Night 3 is a must download. This thing is amazing. The photorealism is breathtaking. Don't know if they did the same thing as in nfs most wanted where they used footage of real people and made it look cgi. Anybody know when release date is?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I just got my 360 over the weekend. I've only picked up CoD2 so far but I love the ability to download demos of games right through the built-in interface. As mentioned above, the Fight Night: Round 3 demo is awesome. It definitely lacks some polish but it looks like it will be a must-have when it comes out. The demo says the release is 'Winter 2006". I hope it comes out earlier, it seems too long to wait!

EDIT: It seems by winter, 2006, they mean next month. Whew!

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Are any of the rental places renting 360 games? My local Block Buster and Movie Gallery both only carry xbox games. What gives?

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
That's weird. My local Blockbuster rents 360 games. I can also rent them at Hollywood Video.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

Well, it's debatable whether there were any "bugs" to start with, but I bought my Xbox in December, and I've had no problems with it. I think any defects are exaggerated by a very vocal minority. Only problem now is that supply is still pretty limited.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Thanks for letting me know that George. I was really shocked when I found out that both of the movie stores I visit didn't carry 360 games. I guess I will just have to call around and see if I can find them at another location. The odd part is that the Block Buster that I visit is one of the larger ones in my part of the city. :confused:

EDIT: I spoke with the manager at my local Block Buster last night 1-13-06. He informed me that he had an Xbox 360 as well and that there is was no place in Louisville that was renting 360 games. Any one else experiencing this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks