What's new

*** Official "WRONG TURN" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

D

DAN NEIR

Liked the movie but 2 complaints if I can,
1) Why did the killers kill the other girls but take Eliza back home alive?
2) I'm glad to see these sorts of movies back. They remind me of the old 80's horror movies BUT the one thing that is continually missing is the nudity/sex scene. :D It use to be you could count on these films for cool deaths and hot girls getting naked and having sex. Why is this now missing? :D I mean would anyone really complain if there was an Eliza Dushku nude scene? I know I wouldn't seeing how I worked with a girl who grew up with her and had naked pictures of her. Sadly I never got to see them and despite the fact that she would tell Eliza about my undying love for her, I never got to meet her because she never came to New York for a short visit with her friend. :frowning:

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
Saw this Saturday night and had a good time. It's not great by any means but it was a fun ride while it lasted. Personally I had a bit more fun with House of 1,000 Corpses, but I'm just happy there have been two relatively decent "true" horror films in the past few weeks.

The preview for 28 Days Later was great. I'm really looking forward to that.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The preview for 28 Days Later was great. I'm really looking forward to that.
It's quite a flick. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...it's a great time to be a horror fan.

...fingers crossed that Freddy vs. Jason kicks ass.

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
well according to box office mojo this flick made its $$ back and with the success of "28 days later" this could bode well for the horror genre

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

How d'ya figure?

The studio gets about 55% the gross, so say about $8M is returned to the studio from the $14.6M gross (the remainder of the grosses go to the theaters).

With a negative production cost of about $12.6M, they're still nearly $5M in the red and that's notwithstanding marketing and print costs which aren't listed.

They'll probably make up some on video, but it's definitely still in the red at the theatrical box office.

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
oops my mistake but its 2 mil over production budget and still in some theatres..and 28 days later is gonna go way over so still it bodes well for the horror genre

Tab Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
As I couldnt find a review for this movie on here anywhere, as it is just out on DVD, I thought I would put in my own review.

Synopsis:
A classic 70's scare flick, people lost in the woods trying to get out whilst being persued by inbred hill-billies.

The Plot:
Pathetic at best, there are obvious flaws that are predominant throughout the flick.... Characters not attempting obvious escape routes, the bad guys knowing exactly where to find their victims, though they are running blindly through the bush... etc.

It was also so transparent it wasnt even funny. Everything was predictable from a long way off, and there were very few actual scary parts because of this.

The Characters:
Flimsy, one dimensional characters for the most part, with some spurts of heroicness and hints that there may actually be some depth to the characters, mostly shot down quickly, and found in the deleted scenes.

I think most of this was due to the writing, however, I cant give any props for "making a great part from bad writing" in this film. The direction was partly responsible in many parts as well, as character movement sometimes comes off as unbelievable.

Special effects:
Some great moments that make for some great kill scenes... Some really good CG integration where I did not know it was CG until I watched the "Making Of." All remained very believable though.

The Ending:
Classic. The redeeming moment for the film.

Overall:
If not for the ending, I would never watch this film again. So in summary, it was great. :) lol. Yes, I think I'm serious. lol.

All of the above is what makes a classic 70's horror film. Tons of gratuitous hacking and chopping, huge amounts of fake blood. Bad acting. Wonderful.

Anyone else with some thoughts?

Tab Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
Oh. Well, I didnt see that. lol. Thanks.

Besides, the last post was back in July, and it doesnt hurt to have a newer review as it just came out for purchase, does it?

Anyway, I forgot to add, the best line in the movie:

"C'mon Motherfuckers. Just die." I laughed my ass off when he said that. :)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Incredibly mysognistic film--did you notice the men who die wer granted rather clean deaths, i.e. arrow shots where the girls were mutilated and beheaded? I'm sure it was unconscious, but it's there none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks