What's new

*** Official Warner Chat and Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Richard,
With Bonnie and Clyde having it's 40th Anniversary along with Cool Hand Luke, I can't see Warner letting that opportunity go by without doing something similar to what's planned for the latter.

Pete York

Supporting Actor

I appreciate how hard it must be to moderate a chat with ~250 people, and not everybody adhering to the rules that have been posted for months. But I agree Yumbo, this particular quirk was frustrating. Otherwise, these chats are certainly a highlight and thanks to Ron and Parker for putting in the time. And Warners!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Usually, the September-December timeframe is pretty busy with releases so we might see a couple of surprises that weren't even asked about tonight. This is in no way a hint about Harlow, but just a reminder that 2007 has 10 months to go.

Boba Fett

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Sorry to those who didn't appreciate the blurting out questions, but I personally felt The Jazz Singer needed to be asked about as it's widely considered, next to The African Queen, one of the most important films still MIA on DVD.

I have a feeling the Kubrick SE set and the Blade Runner set are going to be HUGE this year; I can't imagine them being silent about details for any other reason. From the hint they did drop though, it sounds like Ridley Scott is getting the deluxe release he hoped for.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Well, that was an exercise in frustration. :frowning: What do you have to do to get called on in on of these chats?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tell me about it, my Yo's kept registering late so go figure. What you see on your screen isn't necessary what Ron and Parker are seeing.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Regarding MY question:

I'm glad to hear that they're discussing "URGH! A Music War!" for release. I've always wanted to see that movie, being as I love 80s music of all types. It's too bad that they no longer have the rights to "Electric Dreams"...I'm assuming MGM might have them now, because of how it was produced by Virgin. I was also hoping they would release "Reckless" and "Impulse" (which is an 80s movie by having a 1989 copyright date, even though it was released in 1990). As for "9 1/2 Weeks", I had read about an extended version on the movie's page at the 80s Movies Rewind. Oh, well.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I hope that "Killer Party" will be released as part of that "Guilty Pleasure" horror movie promotion (even though I don't feel guilty about liking it).

DanMel

Second Unit
I didn't get a chance to ask my question on if The Hanging Tree is in the restoration process for 2007 or 2008 release but at least I have 1 Universial and 8 MGM Gary Cooper titles slated for release on May 22nd. I'm glad he did not spend most of his time at one movie company but spread out his works among all of them as there will soon be 41 titles released of his in DVD format.

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator

How often do you see Sony or Universal for instance do chats like this with us average Joes? I'm very thankful that we even get an opportunity like this - even if we only hear "sometime in 2008" at least its something to go on.

I'm hoping that the "Grumpy Old Men" set finally does happen this year. Even after last year's twofer debacle I'm still hyped to finally have those two with hopefully nice anamorphic widescreen transfers. 5.1 sound would be nice (as the current "Grumpier" DVD has 5.1 on it) but I'll be just as happy with stereo... or even mono sound for that matter. I'll take whatever extras they give us - more outtakes would be awesome. But most importantly of all... I want them in their OAR period. :D

Brent Lumkin

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just glad that I was able to ask my question about No Time For Sergeants! My first chat and I was able to get in. :D

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I e-filed by Federal Tax return last night. Instead of having my refund wired to my bank account I should just have it sent directly my tab at WHV.

There was a tremendous amount of great news for classic film buffs tonight (Forbidden Hollywood line, Ambersons/Fear, Abbott & Costello, Classic Detectives, Silents, Sheridan, Tough Guys actors, etc.). It's very gratifying that the buying public has rewarded WHV for their efforts and releases show no sign of stopping.

Whether a release is 2007 or 2008 or 2009 doesn't matter much to me. I'd much rather these be spaced out so I can support as many as possible. Glutting the market with releases all at once will hurt sales.

As always, a big thank you to Ron & Parker for hosting the chat and to WHV for participating.

Steve

Guy Davis

Auditioning
Lousy time difference screw-up! Missed my chance to ask about a guilty pleasure title: THE LAST BOY SCOUT. C'mon, this is crying out for a SE w/Tony Scott-Shane Black-Bruce Willis-Damon Wayans commentary!

Anyone know if my dream will ever become a reality?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
At least give Warner some credit;) You remember them mentioning guilty pleasure horror films coming out later this year? This is most probably one of them.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Totally agree. I always wish for more but I'm glad they're here to directly listen to our comments/questions/concerns/etc. No other major studio does that for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks