What's new

*** Official VERA DRAKE Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Vera Drake" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Vera Drake" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
So, this is perhaps an indelicate request, but, where might one go to actually find other cinemagoers who have seen Vera Drake?
You know, another forum maybe.
Not that HTF isn't home, it is.
But no one at home has posted regarding this flick.
So......:b

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I saw it last week and thought the acting was excellent. The movie fosters thought and discussion on both sides of the delicate issue of abortion.

I thought the acting was uniformly outstanding. The hard work that went into developing characters and the shooting script come through.

Highly recommended viewing.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Having only known that Vera Drake was about a character who performed abortions, I was unprepared for the the vivid family life it protrayed. The film really works because the family is so well established before the most important turn of events. The way the family members reacted to events were Ozu-esque, if he were a Westerner. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks