What's new

Official Valentine's Idea's Thread (1 Viewer)

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
OK...

I figured most of us are married or are in relationships. And most of us are probably men.

So...................

Valentine's Day is coming up. For those of you who don't know, it's on Feb 14th.

Let's use this thread as place to put ideas down, so if one of us is really stuck, we can use this thread as a reference.

Let me start w/sharing my idea for my girlfriend:

I have floral hookups, so I am getting her 3 dozen roses for around $20 or so....great deal! :)

Then I am going to get her a gift -- i don't know what yet, but i was thinking some clothes from Ann Taylor Loft (her fav store), and some new boots/shoes.

Oh yea -- this may be nerdy, but I am going to network her home for her, so she can surf the web on her laptop wirelessly. :)

ANd for dinner...well, i haven't made reservations yet. But in the next 2 days i will!

So what are your ideas?

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I bought some disney valentine's...think i'm in trouble?

We both work in a restaurant and seeing as how it's the busiest night of the year we'll prolly both stuck there.

PrinzII

Agent
a) Got a room with a Jacuzzi
b) Get a romantic dinner to eat in the room complete with cheesecake.
c) You figure out the rest:b

Cam S

Screenwriter
I got a condo up at the local skir resort, Big White, for the night of the 14th and the 15th. I've got ice skating, tubing, sleigh rides, and hot tubbing planned. Not too sure what else I should do, as I'm still thinking about the rest.

Kris Coffin

Stunt Coordinator
Probable picking my wife up a dagger (huge knife fan)
then dinner at Kelsey's or Montana's and lastly
off to the movies. Daredevil premiere night. (thank god she loves comics)

KC

Cam S

Screenwriter
Little fact I thought you guys might like to know, but my full name is Cameron, and with those 7 letters you get ROMANCE :D is that great or what, hahahaha

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm taking the train home from school, she doesn't know it. I haven't seen her (well, by the 14th) for six weeks, so i'm goin' a lil nuts. Should be nice, i'll have to get her something too, but WHAT?

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Many years ago, I shot flaming arrows into some girlfriends front doors ...they thought it was very romantic. I was very lucky it was so cold and rainy and I didnt burn down their houses
Did I say I was really drunk???
But it worked......:D :D :D :D

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
Valentines day is a HOLIDAY invented by HALLMARK,FANNY FARMER AND THE ROSE GROWING CONGLOMERATE.

If you really Love somebody you should show them affection all year long not one day out of the year where you are EXPECTED to do so.

Call me BITTER.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Call me BITTER.
you are bitter. this isnt new, and other holidays arent either. so you could argue that the (commercialized) christmas was invented by sears and macys, but what is the point. all holidays were started for one reason, maybe even some of them have evolved, but i dont think its the worst thing to have an extra day to show you care by having a special night together with a loved one. and if you dont have a loved one, dont pay attention.

CJ

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
A little Valentines Day story from a few years back ...

Long Distance relationship ... I was in Utah, she was on the East Coast, working in a Rehab Hospital. We were only getting to see each other about once every 3 month & I'd recently been home for Christmas. I found a cheap airfare & kept it secret .. the 14th was a Friday (As it is this year!)

About 3:00 PM, I arrived at her work. From a nearby room, I dialed in to her office & wished her Happy Valentines Day, etc. She was clueless, thinking I was in my office in UT. Then I asked her what would she wish for on Valentines Day. Of course she says "I wish we could be together" ...

click ... I immediately walked in to her office with a dozen roses & a getaway weekend planned at a favorite spot. She very nearly fainted!

Turned out all the girls in the office were having a "competition" for best boyfriend/husband ... they actually had rankings up on the wall. (I was at the bottom) They all agreed I blew the chart off the wall.

Man .. that was a great weekend :b The only problem was on Monday, when all her co-workers wanted to "see the ring". That came 6 months later ... now (several years and 2 kids later) I still love her to death. Yup, Valentines is maybe my favorite holiday! (But I still love Halloween)

Scott

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
Scott D.
That is super awesome! :)

Mark S.
That's unfortunate you are bitter. Love is a great AND horrible thing at the same time. But even if V-Day is commercialized, it's still a day that I enjoy.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I made reservations yesterday to go out to dinner at our favorite resturant, which is also one of our more memorable dates (we didn't really have a first date, being longtime friends and all). We also enjoy going to renn faires quite a bit, and recently decided that renn faire stuff makes for good "fall back" gifts. So I got a velvet cloak custom made for her, should be here any day now. We'll see DareDevil on Saturday :)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
A couple years ago I gave my wife a card that said "Pack your bags, we are going to Cancun."

I had bought the vacation package, arranged for baby sitting and all.

Four nights in a great resort 65 miles south of Cancun. a natural reef made a excellent snorkeling spot, could have not been a better Valentine gift! It was our 11th wedding anniversary also.

Wes

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i once got my hands on a book that highlighted some of the nicer restaurants in the LA area.

i gave her the book for valentines day and told her once a month (gimme a break here...they were relatively expensive places ;) ) i would take her out to a restaurant of her choice.

it was a pretty good idea...and it always gave us something to "look forward" to. we were able to incorporate things to do depending on where the restaurant was located (beach area, hollywood, etc.) so it was easy to make a day (or night) of it.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I'm in a fairly new relationship (less than a month old) and she's a huge Disney fan. Was trying to come up with something Disney-related, but not having much luck. I had hoped there would be a book out maybe talking about all the various romances from the Disney movies over the years, but no such luck.

Any ideas from the vast pool of knowledge here at HTF? :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Share a plate of spaghetti?

Become a huge hairy beast and let her kiss you?

I'd stay away from the giving her a poisoned apple though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.