What's new

*** Official UNDERWORLD Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I enjoyed this one a lot more than I expected. This will be a definate DVD buy for me when it comes out.
I TOTALLY second that! I just saw this on Saturday and absolutely loved it. It was the perfect movie to see in October, great halloween flick. I thought this had everything in it.
:star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2 OUT OF 5

JasonRH

Second Unit
Jeff,
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and may even go see it again on the big screen, which I rarely do. In a year of disappointments (for me) this one delivered.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Yes it did deliver. The only other movies that really delivered for me so far this year have been The Italian Job, X-2, The Matrix, Seabiscuit and Open Range. I can now add Underworld to this list. I too would love to see this again. I can't wait for the dvd. I also can't wait for a sequel!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Just watched this today on DVD.

What a disappointment. Underworld is a textbook example of how to take a really cool concept and ruin it through rote execution. It's a humorless and self-important film, devoid of any compelling characters. Stylistically it apes The Matrix: color scheme, soundtrack, wire-fu, guns with unlimited rounds.....ho hum. Oh, and how about those stupid moments? You know, like the one where Selene blasts an escape route through a cement floor with her guns? Why didn't she just shoot the werewolves that were bearing down on her? :rolleyes:Sorry, but when a film is so utterly boring, you tend to notice these absurdities. And that's enough time wasted...

:star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks