*** Official "UNDERCOVER BROTHER" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Crawford, May 30, 2002.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Undercover Brother". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
    All HTF member film reviews of "Undercover Brother" should be posted to this thread.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    Crawdaddy

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

You tomato-watchers will be happy to know that Undercover Brother is currently at 82%! (23 Fresh / 5 Rotten)
    The early buzz on this one has been extremely strong, which makes me wonder why Universal was so hesitant to screen it early. I'll be back with my review later on, but all of a sudden - I'm really looking forward to this one! [​IMG]

3. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Well, it's my movie to see this weekend. Even talked the SO into it. Looks like a lot of fun. The RT rating is quite interesting. Especially for a comedy. I just want to laugh and have fun, so it seems like the ticket to me. And EG is a very funny fellow. Back with review and discussion info tomorrow.

Take care,
    Chuck

4. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

It's also my movie of the weekend, though I certainly intend to check out Sum of All Fears next week sometime. But despite a trailer which I initially thought looked rancid, I was snickering by the middle, then laughing out loud at the end.
    I've been dying to see this one and I'm glad to hear that it's not one of those trailer movies that only has a good trailer and nothing else [​IMG]

5. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

Looks a LOT better than Austin Powers. I hope it does well.

6. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

I hadn't been too excited to see it until David Poland's rave. I took a look at the clips on the EPK, and sure enough, it looked funny. Saw it Tuesday night (with a less than packed crowd, much to my surprise). I liked it. Sharply written--I'd even suggest one might even say it's "smart".

I haven't found Eddie Griffin to be funny in the loads of awful films he's made over the last couple years, but he's funny in this. The supporting cast is strong. And here's something I thought I'd never say--Denise Richards turns in a solid performance.

Funny stuff overall. I'm thinking it's probably better the second time too.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

OMG! Conspiracy Brother had me laughing so very hard. And Doogie Howser puts in a good effort. If you're in the mood for some laughs, you can't go wrong with Undercover Brother.

8. StephenC

StephenC Stunt Coordinator

I had a very good time with this film but some of the racial stereotypes in this film made me cringe.Especially that fried chicken commercial.There were two black couples sitting behind me and there was no way I was going to react to that gag!I did not find that funny but everything else was pretty much right on.I really liked the "Beat It" finale.

9. Clint

Clint Stunt Coordinator

I liked this movie a lot (free showing to boot). It was short, sweet, and full of laughs. So can we expect a series of Undercover Brother sequels?

10. Woo Jae

Woo Jae Screenwriter

Does anyone know if a dvd release date has been announced?

11. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

november 12th.

12. Woo Jae

Woo Jae Screenwriter

Arrghh! It looks like another wallet draining month! Egads! LOTR: Limited Edition, And now, Undercover Brother! Oh well...

Thanks for the heads up, folks!

13. Randall Z

Randall Z Stunt Coordinator

is that right? Nov 12?

LOTR: LE
    SW: AOTC
    Undercover Brother

thats gonna be a rough day for the 'ol wallet.