*** Official TWISTED Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Alex Spindler, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Let me start off by saying that there are some actors that I will see just about anything they're in. Ashley Judd is one of them. So, I was obliged to see this regardless of the critical drubbing it's getting on RottenTomatoes (a resounding 1% at last check).

It's probably deserved. This is a remarkably predicatable movie. I mean, since the twist because a defacto requirement for thrillers (when did this start anyway? I blame the Manchurian Candidate), I've been less and less surprised by them. This one has it painted right on the wall and then continues to apply more coats as the film goes on.

There really isn't much to recommend beyond the fetching Mrs. Judd. They do a great job of setting up a little personal drama for her that gives her something to work on. The film is soft focus and otherwise unremarkable acting or filmmaking-wise.

I only hope she stops starring in crappy thrillers and tries her hand at something more substantial. I guess it pays the bills.

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Twisted". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Wow. Twisted sucks hard and without mercy.

I can't believe this film was directed by Philip Kaufman, the same man who made The Right Stuff & The Unbearable Lightness Of Being. What the hell happened to him?? And where is the Ashley Judd who showed such raw talent in Ruby In Paradise? How could talented people like Kaufman, Judd, Andy Garcia, Samuel L. Jones, and David Strathairn get involved in a crapfest like this??

The writer is Sarah Thorpe. Remember her name, so that you may avoid her output in the future. Her script for Twisted employs every cliche in the genre, and does so without any style or grace whatsoever. Her characters are all unlikeable stereotypes. The editing is equally bad - scenes are chopped off, and the leaps from one scene to the next often make no sense at all. And let's not even mention the career-worst score from Mark Isham.

I give Twisted a 3 out of 10, however, two of those points are simply because Ms. Judd remains extremely easy on the eyes, no matter how bad the film. The third point is for some cool opening shots of the Golden Gate bridge in the fog. Hey, I'm just trying to find something nice to say here. Otherwise - it's all crap.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Given the talent behind and in front of the camera, this film ranks as a big stinkeroonie. I'm still trying to figure out how something like this gets made in Hollywood. I guess we should blame it on the script, but that's being too kind. Unless you have 100 minutes of your life to waste, avoid if possible.

I give it 1 star or a D.

5. stephen la

stephen la Stunt Coordinator

Im glad I found this thread.
    I was about to rent this movie yesterday, saw a 4 star blurb on the cover from someone I never heard of.
    thanks.. I will be passing..

[​IMG]