Official THX complaint form

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Wesnor, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Dan Wesnor

Dan Wesnor Second Unit

Didn't know if this was the right place to post this, but I'm sure most of you didn't know that it even existed:

http://www.thx.com/mod/cinema/survey.html

It's an -on-line form that allows you to file a complaint against a THX-approved theater. Cronic complaints can result in inspection and possible revocation of the THX logo.

I know many of you have been in "THX approved" theaters that sucked - I know I have! Just thought you might like to know how to properly address the problem.

2. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I filled out that survey a couple years ago for one of my local theatres that is THX-approved. I had noticed a trend of slim to no quality control on both of their THX theatres. Then I watched MI:2 on opening night. The theatre never dimmed, then to top that off the main gas lights slowly came on. They were on for about 15 minutes before someone either complained or the staff saw it. The sound also was very low and unbalanced. So I filed a complaint. I never heard back and I don't even know if it made a difference at all. They have at least taken care of their sound system from what I can tell, but there is a much better theatre now that opened up across the street.

It does make me wonder how often that survey is filled out and if they actually do send someone out to investigate.

3. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Hmm..I suppose this does belong here as it pertains to Theater houses and not home theater....but is the section only for discussing films or can the venues be part of that as well? I have seen many threads here about how some people hate the theater going experience because of some of the..less mature audience members.