*** Official THE WOODSMAN Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dave Hackman, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Dave Hackman

Dave Hackman Stunt Coordinator

Jan 11, 2000
    Disappointed, I really thought this would be a guaranteed hit but it’s not. Kevin Bacon is great in this role; it’s the overly slow story that kills it, not his performance. I don’t know how you make this more exciting but it needed to be. His cravings were portrayed awesomely especially with him residing within eyeshot of young children playing. I was hoping he would not cave in and was screaming don’t do it when he was in the park with that little girl.
    I thought the little girl’s story was interesting/sad and the ending was pretty good. I also liked the back history of his girlfriend and her troubles with her brothers along with his troubles with his sister
    . I felt like I was living through the eyes of many damaged humans.

Yeah it’s slow and not fun to watch with others but it’s still worth seeing once and probably considered a masterpiece by actual pedophiles.

2. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Feb 22, 2000
    Agreed although the slowness of the story didn't bother me, it was the overly obvious writing that I found irritating. We encounter not one, but two victims of molestation, plus another pedophile roaming the neighborhood
    to which we are "treated" with Bacon reporting on his movements like Vin Scully calling a Dodgers game; a scene so ludicrous and out of place in the movie that it torpedoes just about any positive feelings I could have for it. That sort of absurdist comic relief was just not a good choice for this film.
  3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Dec 9, 1998
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "The Woodsman". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.