1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official THE STATION AGENT Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Robert Crawford, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "The Station Agent". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    A very good film about just plain and ordinary people. A real treat with some excellent performances, good writing and a sense of humor about what we are as flawed human beings.

Crawdaddy

3. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

Very few films delight with its humor and grab with the intent of uplifting its audience with its subject matter while at the same time reflecting upon its sadness. The Station Agent does this on both counts. It has a comical approach on the subject of loneliness and frailties of human nature.

Peter Dinklage (Finbar), Patricia Clarkson (Olivia) and Bobby Cannavale (Joe) all do excellent work here. Finbar is living in an all too curious world because of his physical size. His detachment from the real world and from making friends is based on whether people see him as a normal person or just another novelty.

Joe is another soul struggling for connection as he tries to balance friendship and relationships while caring for his sick father. Olivia is another individual searching for meaning in her life.

The Station Agent is memorable not only for its story but also for its characters. It is a gem of a film.

~Edwin

4. Rob P S

Rob P S Screenwriter

rob
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A beautifully made and acted gem.

5. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Took me a couple of tries to get a non-sold out show, but it was worth it. Wonderfully acted, great story. My one minor quibble was the end. I don't always want or expect a clean ending, but when a film just stops, I dunno, bugs me...

But the movie was so great in its portrayal of flawed people supporting each other. Peter Dinklage was fantastic, he had such great screen presence.