What's new

*** Official "THE SCORPION KING" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "The Scorpion King". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.
Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!
If you need to discuss those type of issues, I have designated an Official Discussion Thread which can be found at this link.
Crawdaddy

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I can't help but think that this movie is the distant cousing of Kevin Sorbo's Kull the Conqueror. They have the same kind of anachronostic, middle-of-the-road, tongue-in-cheek, Saturday matinee "why not" goals. While it would be nice to see them take some ambition, the movie doesn't fail from having mediocre aims. But it never rises above mediocrity.
The action is always present, but surprisingly tame and cartoonish. Maybe we've been spoiled by so many great fighting scenes in Brotherhood of the Wolf and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon that the ones in The Scorpion King seem so bland. The movie is almost completely bloodless with the exception of a single severed head. I don't think the movie would have been better as an 'R' rated movie, but it would have been wonderful to see 'more' of Kelly Hu (if that is even possible).
The Rock does fine. He's fit for the part, and he has charisma. Who knows? Maybe he can put it to good use in a better movie.
If you get bored, you can at least you can count the movies that you've seen each scene in before. I'd give it :star: :star: . Better than The Mummy Returns but nowhere near as good as The Mummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks