What's new

*** Official THE RING TWO Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll have to admit that I provided at least 2 bits of unintentional bits of humor for people sitting around me by falling asleep and I caught myself snoring a little bit before waking up for the rest of the movie (my dream was better than the film at that point, I'm afraid).

This film is about 30 minutes too long given the thin script, and the lack of real creepiness and scares. The ending segment is so predictable and underwhelming, I can only hope that this is the end of the line for "The Ring" franchise. Naomi Watts must be a mouth breather because I think I can count on the fingers of my hand the times I did not see her front teeth exposed, it got distracting after a while.

Even if you go in with low expectations, I would proffer that you'll still come away disappointed and unimpressed.

I give it 1.5 stars, or a grade of D+.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
One word: terrible.

And a few spoiler notes:

The kid is way creepier when he is supposedly normal/unpossessed.. he acts like he's on drugs then..

The whole thing with water.. I think someone must be way more terrified of water then I am, and I'm speaking of someone who sinks rather then swims worth a darn.. After a while I kept thinking "this is just not that scary.." and finally:

If you flee a disasterous experience, why would you ever just immediately turn back to "get things" what kind of things are that kind of important?

Terrible.

Travis W.

Second Unit
This is one of those sequels that just rides on the wave of the first one, it doesn't try to break new ground. It already knows it'll be a hit because it's got the name.

The film starts off great and then slowly (meaning like a turtle, this thing was too long) descends into mediocrity.
My biggest problem and also one of the times when I found myself laughing at something that's not supposed to be:

KILLER REINDEER. The reindeer attack Watts and that annoying brat so violently at first and then when they've got them surrounded...they just let them go by in the car. What was the point? And I love how you could just tell when something was going to happen when the reindeer is real for a moment and then it's CGI. Gee, I wonder if it's going to lash out against the car?

Final Grade: D+

A needless rehash.

Joe:C

Second Unit
I agree that this movie wasn't very good. I wasn't expecting much, but I was at least hoping for a few scares. The movie will make a ton of money this weekend, but I expect it to drop in the coming weeks.

One of the few times I actually jumped was during the part Travis mentioned in his spoiler above.:b I had zoned out by that point and then BAM!

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Yup. Sucked. The girl crawling up the wall of the well was the only kewl part. The rest of the movie blew. Especially the fake looking deer.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "The Ring Two". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The Ring Two is a sometimes stylish, but often incomprehensable and ultimately unnecessary sequel. The original was genuinely creepy, but it mined the material so completely that there's nothing left for this one to do but follow Naomi Watts and her zombie son through scene after scene of wannabe scares that just don't work. A disappointment.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Yea, the first one had a very creepy atmosphere to it. I also like how it followed the events that happened in the video.

The new one has no atmosphere. And while a few events that Naomi saw in the hospital showed up later in the film, they just weren't interesting nor scary.

The Ring is my wifes favorite movie, and she was really let down by the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks