What's new

*** Official "THE POWERPUFF GIRLS" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Powerpuff Girls". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "The Powerpuff Girls" should be posted to this thread.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I took my daughter to see this today. While the movie is enjoyable enough for me, she asked if we could leave about an hour into it. I think they missed their target audience on this one. I did find it a nice back story, but it lacked much of the humor of the show. Oh well.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
While the movie is enjoyable enough for me, she asked if we could leave about an hour into it.
Well isn't the film only 70 minutes long? :)
I'm a casual watcher of the show, but I don't know if I'll head out to see the movie in theaters, I'll probably just wait for DVD release (and hopefully the DVD release will be in widescreen).
With the reviews I've read on the film, it sounds like it's more appealing to the adults then it is to the kids.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Well isn't the film only 70 minutes long
Yeah, it's not too long. The movie was building to it's climax, and she was ready to go. I'm only stating that the movie may not be the greatest for younger kids. My daughter is almost five, and sits through many movies (including Monsters INC. about twenty times) but this one just didn't do it for her. I was just alerting other parents that maybe Lilo and Stitch or Hey Arnold the Movie may be a better bet.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, was going to take my daughter to this as both my wife and I are big fans of the show. Maybe we should just wait.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
The movie's 90 minutes long. I saw it because of the girlfriend, essentially, and ended up enjoying it a lot more than some of the other movies friends have dragged me to (i.e. Scooby Doo)..

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The big question for me: will the inevitable DVD be OAR? Or will they wimp out and pan-n-scan it?

-Dave

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
"Hmm, was going to take my daughter to this as both my wife and I are big fans of the show. Maybe we should just wait."

You should probably catch it while it's still in theaters (and I'm sure, due to the lackluster Box Office, that it will only be around for another week), or just wait for the budget theaters to hit.

If you're questioning the length, the film is 73 minutes with credits, plus the 6 minute Dexter's Laboratory, (plus the probable 15 minutes of previews) so roughly 80 minutes total.

Film-tech's will be surprised to hear the 73 minute film is on SIX reels, with one reel running roughly 5 minutes (near the end). I really didn't understand this, as the whole film, short and attached trailers could fit in a four-reel cannister very easily.

"The big question for me: will the inevitable DVD be OAR? Or will they wimp out and pan-n-scan it?"

I guess the real question is if Cartoon Network, which probably has a big control over this movie, wants a full frame or 16x9 widescreen transfer on it. I'm sure hoping so!

Jason

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I wanted to catch this in the theater as well, but after a week it's already down to only two showings a day at just a handful of theaters. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for the DVD and hope to God that it's OAR.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Well, I would too, but since this thread is about Powerpuff Girls and I surprisingly liked the film, I say Go Powerpuff! :)
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks