*** Official "THE POWERPUFF GIRLS" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Crawford, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Powerpuff Girls". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
    All HTF member film reviews of "The Powerpuff Girls" should be posted to this thread.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    Crawdaddy

2. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

I took my daughter to see this today. While the movie is enjoyable enough for me, she asked if we could leave about an hour into it. I think they missed their target audience on this one. I did find it a nice back story, but it lacked much of the humor of the show. Oh well.

3. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

4. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

5. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Hmm, was going to take my daughter to this as both my wife and I are big fans of the show. Maybe we should just wait.

6. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I'm going to catch a 10PM show.

7. JamieD

JamieD Supporting Actor

The movie's 90 minutes long. I saw it because of the girlfriend, essentially, and ended up enjoying it a lot more than some of the other movies friends have dragged me to (i.e. Scooby Doo)..

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

The big question for me: will the inevitable DVD be OAR? Or will they wimp out and pan-n-scan it?

-Dave

9. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

"Hmm, was going to take my daughter to this as both my wife and I are big fans of the show. Maybe we should just wait."

You should probably catch it while it's still in theaters (and I'm sure, due to the lackluster Box Office, that it will only be around for another week), or just wait for the budget theaters to hit.

If you're questioning the length, the film is 73 minutes with credits, plus the 6 minute Dexter's Laboratory, (plus the probable 15 minutes of previews) so roughly 80 minutes total.

Film-tech's will be surprised to hear the 73 minute film is on SIX reels, with one reel running roughly 5 minutes (near the end). I really didn't understand this, as the whole film, short and attached trailers could fit in a four-reel cannister very easily.

"The big question for me: will the inevitable DVD be OAR? Or will they wimp out and pan-n-scan it?"

I guess the real question is if Cartoon Network, which probably has a big control over this movie, wants a full frame or 16x9 widescreen transfer on it. I'm sure hoping so!

Jason

10. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

I wanted to catch this in the theater as well, but after a week it's already down to only two showings a day at just a handful of theaters. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for the DVD and hope to God that it's OAR.

11. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

If it's a choice between Powerpuff Girls and Lilo & Stitch, go for Lilo! I loved it!

12. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Well, I would too, but since this thread is about Powerpuff Girls and I surprisingly liked the film, I say Go Powerpuff! [​IMG]
    Jason

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I thought some of the scenes went on forever in PPG, like the whole chase scene went on and on.

14. Adnan Sheikh

Adnan Sheikh Stunt Coordinator

I thought the evil monkey sequence was brilliant.