Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Title: The Matrix Reloaded

Tagline: Free your mind.

Genre: Adventure, Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Lilly Wachowski, Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Hugo Weaving, Jada Pinkett Smith, Gloria Foster, Harold Perrineau, Monica Bellucci, Harry Lennix, Lambert Wilson, Randall Duk Kim, Nona Gaye, Anthony Zerbe, Daniel Bernhardt, Helmut Bakaitis, David Kilde, Matt McColm, Collin Chou, Neil Rayment, Adrian Rayment, Don Battee, Valerie Berry, Steve Bastoni, Ian Bliss, Liliana Bogatko, Michael Budd, Stoney Burke, Kelly Butler, Josephine Byrnes, Noris Campos, Paul Cotter, Marlene Cummins, Attila Davidhazy, Essie Davis, Terrell Dixon, Nash Edgerton, David Franklin, Daryl Heath, Roy Jones Jr., Austin Galuppo, Malcolm Kennard, Christopher Kirby, Peter Lamb, Nathaniel Lees, Tony Lynch, Robert Mammone, Joshua Mbakwe, Chris Mitchell, Steve Morris, Tory Mussett, Rene Naufahu, Robyn Nevin, David William No, Genevieve O'Reilly, Socratis Otto, Montaño Rain, Rupert Reid, Cornel West, David Roberts, Shane C. Rodrigo, Nick Scoggin, Kevin Scott, Tahei Simpson, Frankie Stevens, Nicandro Thomas, Gina Torres, Andrew Valli, Andy Arness, Steve Vella, John Walton, Clayton Watson, Leigh Whannell, Bernard White, Scott McLean, Anthony Brandon Wong, Ray Anthony, Rick Shuster, Tiger Hu Chen, Marcus Young

Release: 2003-05-15

Runtime: 138

Plot: Six months after the events depicted in The Matrix, Neo has proved to be a good omen for the free humans, as more and more humans are being freed from the matrix and brought to Zion, the one and only stronghold of the Resistance. Neo himself has discovered his superpowers including super speed, ability to see the codes of the things inside the matrix and a certain degree of pre-cognition. But a nasty piece of news hits the human resistance: 250,000 machine sentinels are digging to Zion and would reach them in 72 hours. As Zion prepares for the ultimate war, Neo, Morpheus and Trinity are advised by the Oracle to find the Keymaker who would help them reach the Source. Meanwhile Neo's recurrent dreams depicting Trinity's death have got him worried and as if it was not enough, Agent Smith has somehow escaped deletion, has become more powerful than before and has fixed Neo as his next target.

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Matrix Reloaded" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The Matrix Reloaded" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't come out until friday here which is bizarre on this side of the planet. Only another day and a half until I can see it.

Ebert really liked Reloaded he gave it a ***1/2 Linked Here

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm seeing it tonight at 10:00 p.m. which is way passed my weeknight bedtime so hopefully it's good enough to keep me awake.

Crawdaddy

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

that's funny- Ebert says its better (well, at least he gives TMR ***1/2 whereas X2 rated only a mere ***... w/ the latter being dismissed as dumb fun)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
ok no need for spoiler tags in this one right?

whats up w/ the burly brawl?
if Neo knows how to 'hack' the matrix code or re-write it or whatever it is that gives him the ability to fly and resuccitate trinity- what is the purpose for the go nowhere/ lead to nothing fight scenes like the burly brawl?

will tag anyway until told otherwise

...in reply to the above post

one word says it all: "upgrades"

didnt you notice at the beginnning when they are all having a meeting and Neo fights that agents that totally came out of nowhere and all of the sudden he can't just "destroy" them anymore?

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Paul...I was wondering the same thing throughtout the Employee screening last night...why is he even bothering with Kung Fu with the Agents or anyone else...like the Gatekeeper...

one word says it all: "upgrades"
I find that to be pretty lame...he's the frickin One!

I find that to be pretty lame...he's the frickin One!
No offense, but did you pay attention to the whole movie?

He is told by the man who created the Matrix that he is not "the one", but in reality the seventh "one" and he really has no power, he is just there to basically make everyone have something to believe in, to strive for.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Well...shoot...I forgot about that...but still...he could destroy Agents at the end of the first movie...yet now he is still doing kung-fu when there should be no need for him to do such a thing...maybe I will have to see it again this week...but I dont remember the Agents at the beginning saying anything about how they are stronger now or anything...

He wasn't "destroying" the agents. Again, Agent Smith told Neo that he freed him when he "blew him up", he did not destroy him. Being freed from the Matrix, Smith actually became stronger somehow and that is how he is able to multiply himself now. That is why he was thanking Neo at the beginning for "freeing" him from the Matrix, as he is not able to do whatever he wants, and somehow he was able to make himself stronger. And also if the man who "created" the Matrix basically created Neo's "strength" like he did for the others, then he would also be able to easily make the agents stronger than Neo has become, again making the Kung-Fu fighting necessary.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Ooh, another Matrix thread! :)

It'll be nice to discuss the movie as a whole without worrying about spoiling anything for anyone.

I can't believe Morpheus is Neo's father!!!!

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
He wasn't "destroying" the agents. Again, Agent Smith told Neo that he freed him when he "blew him up", he did not destroy him. Being freed from the Matrix, Smith actually became stronger somehow and that is how he is able to multiply himself now. That is why he was thanking Neo at the beginning for "freeing" him from the Matrix, as he is not able to do whatever he wants, and somehow he was able to make himself stronger. And also if the man who "created" the Matrix basically created Neo's "strength" like he did for the others, then he would also be able to easily make the agents stronger than Neo has become, again making the Kung-Fu fighting necessary
Okay...well that makes sense...still doesnt make sense why he just wouldnt fly away before the fight began...I mean he could fly with all those Agents on top of him...why did he even bother to fight...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yay. Counter to earlier non-plans, I'll be seeing the movie (again) in about an hour. Something about the enthusiasm of the first-night audience is just plain old fun.

See y'all after I get back. Hope the early worms have a good time.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I plan to see it at least one more time...I have a sneaky feeling that I will enjoy it more the second time...but those Zion/Rave scenes I think will forever bug the living crap outta me...

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
Joshua Y is crusin' for a brusin'. Am i the only one who notices that this review is almost word for word Harry Knolwes review? It sounds like joshua just wanted to piss some of us off with his "Review." I know about two people who have seen this movie and they just can't get over how unbelivably cool this movie is. Well, i guess you can't really trust a guy with an Episode II sig to be too trustworthy on the subject of the matrix. Im leaving this thread before the flame wars start.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks